2004 Mazda RX-8 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mazda RX-8:

2004 Mazda RX-8 Owner Comments

Jan 152015

RX-8 1.3L Rotary

So i own a 2004 mazda rx8. I'm fairly sure it has low compression. I feel mazda should carry longer warranties to ensure the life of their already plagued engines. It is throwing a p0661 code lowbank 2 code. although that is a relatively minor problem it has trouble starting up and its even worse when the engine is warm and I try starting it. I think their recalls should last a lot longer because the owner before me did not take the vehicle to get it looked at during the recall period.

- , San Clemente, CA, USA

Jun 052014

engine light never goes off. air is coming from somewhere

It's a shame when we have the engine replace and still having the same issues. Getting ready to move in a few months and we don't really need this problem.Never got any of the recalls on this car at ALL!

- , Phenix City, AL, USA