- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 19 days ago
- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 30 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 36 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Recalls 2016 Sentra Over Stalling Problems recalls | 39 days ago
- June 1: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder SUVs to Fix Brake Light Switches recalls | 84 days ago
Radiator Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Frontier (Page 1 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: In a very limited selection on small pickup trucks, the Frontier is one of the best options except -- and I cannot emphasize this enough -- for one problem that makes it an avoid-at-all-costs pain in you know what: the radiator ruptures and leaks coolant into the transmission, killing it. Such a buzzkill.
This problem affects most 2005-2008 (and maybe beyond) Frontiers.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 102,850 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 177 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace radiator and transmission (115 reports)
- not sure (20 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission due to oil contaminati (12 reports)
- replace transmission (6 reports)
- fix it and compensate owners for full expense (5 reports)
- extended warranty announced by Nissan on 10/15/10 (4 reports)