- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 25 days ago
- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 35 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 44 days ago
- May 7: Nissan Recalls Versa and Versa Note Over Takata Airbags recalls | 46 days ago
- May 5: 2009 Nissan Murano Brake Issues Investigated investigations | 48 days ago
Radiator Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Frontier (Page 1 of 10)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: In a very limited selection on small pickup trucks, the Frontier is one of the best options except -- and I cannot emphasize this enough -- for one problem that makes it an avoid-at-all-costs pain in you know what: the radiator ruptures and leaks coolant into the transmission, killing it. Such a buzzkill.
This problem affects most 2005-2008 (and maybe beyond) Frontiers.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 103,587 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 186 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace radiator and transmission (121 reports)
- not sure (21 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission due to oil contaminati (13 reports)
- replace transmission (7 reports)
- fix it and compensate owners for full expense (5 reports)
- extended warranty announced by Nissan on 10/15/10 (4 reports)