- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 13 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 13 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 23 days ago
- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 32 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 37 days ago
Radiator Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Frontier (Page 1 of 10)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: In a very limited selection on small pickup trucks, the Frontier is one of the best options except -- and I cannot emphasize this enough -- for one problem that makes it an avoid-at-all-costs pain in you know what: the radiator ruptures and leaks coolant into the transmission, killing it. Such a buzzkill.
This problem affects most 2005-2008 (and maybe beyond) Frontiers.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 103,705 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 187 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace radiator and transmission (121 reports)
- not sure (22 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission due to oil contaminati (13 reports)
- replace transmission (7 reports)
- fix it and compensate owners for full expense (5 reports)
- extended warranty announced by Nissan on 10/15/10 (4 reports)