- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 14 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 15 days ago
- February 3: Nissan Altima Recalled After Rear Doors Kept Opening recalls | 24 days ago
- January 22: Nissan and Infiniti Vehicles Recalled Over Takata Airbags recalls | 36 days ago
- January 17: Nissan GT-R Melted Dashboard Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 41 days ago
Radiator Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Frontier (Page 1 of 10)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: In a very limited selection on small pickup trucks, the Frontier is one of the best options except -- and I cannot emphasize this enough -- for one problem that makes it an avoid-at-all-costs pain in you know what: the radiator ruptures and leaks coolant into the transmission, killing it. Such a buzzkill.
This problem affects most 2005-2008 (and maybe beyond) Frontiers.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 103,005 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 181 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace radiator and transmission (118 reports)
- not sure (21 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission due to oil contaminati (12 reports)
- replace transmission (6 reports)
- fix it and compensate owners for full expense (5 reports)
- extended warranty announced by Nissan on 10/15/10 (4 reports)