- November 26: Nissan Titan Diesel XD Trucks Recalled For Fuel Pressure Problems recalls | 9 days ago
- November 6: Infiniti Q50S Brake Pad Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 31 days ago
- November 2: Investigation Closed Into Nissan Rogue Airbag Problems investigations | 33 days ago
- October 31: Nissan 370Z Clutch Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 35 days ago
Radiator Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Frontier (Page 1 of 10)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: In a very limited selection on small pickup trucks, the Frontier is one of the best options except -- and I cannot emphasize this enough -- for one problem that makes it an avoid-at-all-costs pain in you know what: the radiator ruptures and leaks coolant into the transmission, killing it. Such a buzzkill.
This problem affects most 2005-2008 (and maybe beyond) Frontiers.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 103,005 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 181 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace radiator and transmission (118 reports)
- not sure (21 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission due to oil contaminati (12 reports)
- replace transmission (6 reports)
- fix it and compensate owners for full expense (5 reports)
- extended warranty announced by Nissan on 10/15/10 (4 reports)