- January 29: Nissan Recalls 930,000 Altima Cars To Replace Hood Latches recalls | 11 days ago
- December 12: Nissan Recalls Rogue To Fix Roll Away Risk recalls | 59 days ago
- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers recalls | 80 days ago
2005 Nissan Frontier
CarComplaints.com Notes: In a very limited selection on small pickup trucks, the Frontier is one of the best options except -- and I cannot emphasize this enough -- for one problem that makes it an avoid-at-all-costs pain in you know what: the radiator ruptures and leaks coolant into the transmission, killing it. Such a buzzkill.
This problem affects most 2005-2008 (and maybe beyond) Frontiers.
Worst 2005 Frontier transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- radiator causes transmission failure167
- transmission not working properly7
- broken plastic piece disconnected shifter1
- transmission slips due to water in transmission1
- vibration on acceleration1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission18
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Frontier Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Frontier compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Frontier overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Frontier.