- April 30: Nissan Recalls 3.8 Million Vehicles to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 0 days ago
- April 27: Mitsubishi Spent 25 Years Cheating Fuel Economy Standards news | 3 days ago
- April 20: Mitsubishi Admits Cheating on Fuel Economy Estimates news | 10 days ago
- April 9: Nissan Recalls Frontier Trucks Over Risk of Fire recalls | 21 days ago
- March 19: Nissan Rogue Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 42 days ago
2005 Nissan Frontier
CarComplaints.com Notes: In a very limited selection on small pickup trucks, the Frontier is one of the best options except -- and I cannot emphasize this enough -- for one problem that makes it an avoid-at-all-costs pain in you know what: the radiator ruptures and leaks coolant into the transmission, killing it. Such a buzzkill.
This problem affects most 2005-2008 (and maybe beyond) Frontiers.
Worst 2005 Frontier transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- radiator causes transmission failure170
- transmission not working properly7
- broken plastic piece disconnected shifter1
- transmission slips due to water in transmission1
- vibration on acceleration1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission18
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Frontier Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Frontier compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Frontier overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Frontier.