- October 25: Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX60 Transmission Lawsuit Almost Settled news | 2 days ago
- October 21: Nissan Recalls Versa to Fix Defective Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 6 days ago
- October 3: Nissan Versa Airbag Deployments Under Investigation investigations | 24 days ago
- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 48 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 57 days ago
2005 Nissan Frontier
CarComplaints.com Notes: In a very limited selection on small pickup trucks, the Frontier is one of the best options except -- and I cannot emphasize this enough -- for one problem that makes it an avoid-at-all-costs pain in you know what: the radiator ruptures and leaks coolant into the transmission, killing it. Such a buzzkill.
This problem affects most 2005-2008 (and maybe beyond) Frontiers.
Worst 2005 Frontier transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- radiator causes transmission failure180
- transmission not working properly7
- transmission slips due to water in transmission4
- broken plastic piece disconnected shifter1
- vibration on acceleration1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission18
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Frontier Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Frontier compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Frontier overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Frontier.