- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers
- November 3: Nissan Recalls Vehicles With Passenger Airbags That Fail
- October 28: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima For Gas Leaks
- October 2: Nissan Versa Coil Spring Problems Cause Recall of 218,000 Cars
- September 4: Nissan Passenger Airbag Problems Lead to Investigation
Transmission Cooler Ruptured & Ruined Transmission
2005 Nissan Frontier (Page 1 of 7)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: In a very limited selection on small pickup trucks, the Frontier is one of the best options except -- and I cannot emphasize this enough -- for one problem that makes it an avoid-at-all-costs pain in you know what: the radiator ruptures and leaks coolant into the transmission, killing it. Such a buzzkill.
This problem affects most 2005-2008 (and maybe beyond) Frontiers.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 100,333 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 139 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace radiator and transmission (101 reports)
- not sure (16 reports)
- replace transmission (6 reports)
- fix it and compensate owners for full expense (5 reports)
- extended warranty announced by Nissan on 10/15/10 (4 reports)
- replaced the radiator (3 reports)