CarComplaints.com Notes: For years, Nissan trucks and SUVs have had problems with coolant destroying the transmission. And for years, Nissan has done nothing about it.

The 2007 is no different than the 2006 and 2005. Just avoid it.

2007 Nissan Frontier fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Frontier:

2007 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Oct 282015

Frontier

Never received recall notice for fuel gauge sender unit/float problem - dealer/Nissan will not honor older recall so they say I must pay for repair

- Ewa Beach, HI, USA

Jul 202016

Frontier

Fuel gauge is not accurate or indicates empty with fuel warning light displayed, even when tank is full. Research shows that it is a defective fuel level sending unit. This should have been recalled for repair by Nissan. Running out of fuel, unexpectedly on the highway could have very dangerous consequences.

- Belmont, MA, USA

Jul 092016

Frontier

Fuel gauge dropped from full to below empty and check engine light came on. Diagnosed with P0463 error code, fuel sensor unit malfunction. It appears that Nissan has replaced the unit on 2006 & 2008 units, but for some reason failed to address the 2007 model year. Vehicle has 54K miles. This could create safety issue if someone runs out of fuel during heavy traffic.

- Elyria, OH, USA

Nov 112015

Frontier

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Frontier. The contact stated that the fuel gauge failed to provide accurate reading levels and remained indicating that the fuel tank was full. The contact refueled the vehicle several times but the fuel gauge remained indicating full. The dealer and the manufacturer were notified of the failure and stated that the vehicle was not included in a manufacturer recall related to the failure. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The approximate failure mileage was 60,100.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Aug 212015

Frontier

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Frontier. While driving at various speeds, the fuel gauge would indicated there was low fuel in the vehicle and would register the incorrect amount of fuel on the instrument panel. The contact also stated that the check engine light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel sending unit failed and needed to be replaced. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 10V075000 (fuel system, gasoline). The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 65,000.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Oct 162015

Frontier

The fuel level sensor has failed causing a safety issue. The 2006 and the 2008 model years have been recalled for this same issue but not the 2007 model

- Omaha, NE, USA

Jan 062016

Frontier

While driving fuel gauge suddenly dropped to empty and caused service engine warning light to come on. This has happened on 5 occasions. Problem seems related to that addressed by NHTSA campaign # 10V075000 for 2006 and 2008 Nissan Frontiers although the 2007 Frontier is not addressed in this campaign.

- Silverdale, WA, USA

Nov 022015

Frontier

Fuel level gauge failed at approximately 76K miles. Received code po 461 indicating sensor failure. Currently using odometer to keep from running out of gas while driving. Noted recall 10V075000 apparently covers this exact problem but 2007 model year not included. Service bulletin ntb-07-069C also notes issue of defective oem part used by Nissan in manufacture of vehicle, but only recourse is to replace at owner's expense. Note over 150 separate complaints under various categories for this identical problem. Seems like a valid safety issue requiring a voluntary recall by Nissan for affected vehicles or a mandatory recall by NHTSA.

- Kapa'a, HI, USA

Jan 202015

Frontier

My service engine light remains on. My gas guage will fluctuate from empty even tho it is full to half full when it is empty I saw a recall for this problem for the 2006 and 2008 models but not for my 2007. I checked to see if there were any recalls for my truck and there were not. Please help.

- Longmont, CO, USA

Aug 262012

Frontier

Check engine light on and fuel gauge inoperative. Will not pass smog as sending unit default. Ran out of gas on highway. Have been using mileage indicator to fill up.

- Pittsburg, CA, USA

Feb 152012

Frontier

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Frontier. The contact stated that while parked, the vehicle was started and the air bag warning light illuminated. The contact also stated that the fuel gauge levels were inaccurate and fluctuated. In addition, the fuel warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the air bag and the air bag module needed to be replaced. The fuel gauge failure was not diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 82,000....updated 01/20/16

- Fallston, MD, USA

Jun 082015

Frontier

I took my truck to temecula Nissan and had it check, they told me my air bag would not open if I was in an accident, faulty spiral cable-P1564, faulty vent control valve-P0448, faulty fuel tank sending unit- P0463 this are things that need to be fixed, some of them are on a recall list but I was told it expired. So I could die behind this.

Jul 012015

Frontier

Nissan sold me a new truck with a design flaw, a faulty fuel sending unit. Nissan Consumer Affairs said I have to take the truck with the design flaw (e.g. failed fuel sending unit) to a Nissan dealer and pay to have it diagnosed (though the problem is already known to me as being the design flaw of a failed fuel sending unit) after which they would investigate to see if they can provide assistance to repair it though they admitted after checking my VIN they are not aware of any instance that would cover the repair (e.g. they are not going to repair it). The bottom line is I purchased a new Nissan Frontier which I had maintained by a local mechanic (not a Nissan dealership) and it came with a design flaw (e.g. fuel sending unit) that they want me to pay over a hundred dollars to have diagnosed at one of their dealerships after which they aren't going to fix it for me (despite the face saving act of Nissan Consumer Affairs). Nissan displayed zero integrity in failing to diagnose and pay to have the design flaw repaired, in my opinion, at their cost. Furthermore, the policy they developed to "save face" is disingenuous in my estimation and designed only to increase their profit further. I'm a low income worker who will drive around with a fuel gauge that doesn't work and the service engine light on because I can't pay the hundreds and hundreds of dollars that it would cost to have a design flaw diagnosed at a Nissan dealership afterwards paying to repair it myself because Nissan isn't going to.

- Santa Ana, CA, USA

Dec 012014

• 1,500,000 miles
Air bag light came on wont go off, gas gauge stoped working, front end suspension has recall, took it to Nissan dealer wont fix said my VIN is not on recall list. Was told air bag would not work if I was in an accident, faulty spiral cable

Oct 012014

Frontier

My gas gauge dropped to 1/4 then went to empty with light on now it won't move at all

Dec 162014

Frontier

Fuel gauge fails to register proper amount of fuel, triggers check engine light (mil) and reports trouble code showing open circuit in fuel sensor system. This failure requires me to watch mileage by using trip odometer to monitor when to purchase fuel. Could also cause failure of emissions test as check engine light is on. This would be an unnecessary financial burden to fix as well as having a failure of the emissions test based on the fuel sending unit not functioning properly and not from excessive emissions or other emissions control parts. Emissions tests are $50-70 per attempt with dyno runs. Estimated cost of repair is $5-750.00 for labor and materials. Vehicle was purchased new 7/07 with 50 miles on it as it was delivered from another dealership. Currently has 61,000 miles. Vehicle runs perfect otherwise. Would like Nissan to at least send the replacement part (@ $250).

- Concord , CA, USA

Jan 222015

Frontier

Fuel gage indicated that I had a bit less than 1/2 tank of fuel. Run out of fuel as the fuel sending unit was displaying the wrong amount of fuel shortly after that the service engine light came on. Took the vehicle to a repair shop was diagnosed with a P0463 code defective fuel sending unit. Called Nissan of North America for support was told that I needed to take the vehicle to a dealer in order for Nissan to honor the warranty. Spent $106 dollars the first time at the shop and then $104 at the local Nissan dealership. After several calls to Nissan North America customer affairs I was told that the fuel sending unit is not covered, this is the same issue that thousands of people are experiencing how can it be possible that my vehicle is not covered, it only has 33K miles...this is a larger issue that needs attention by NHTSA as there has been documented accidents from people running out of fuel on the freeway. I've run out of fuel 3 times in the past 3 months as I deal with Nissan to see if they can do anything about my issue.

- Kaneohe, HI, USA

Apr 202015

Frontier

Traveling along hwy 209 in bigfork, mt, I noticed my gas gauge needle drop from 1/2 tank to below zero and immediately the fuel light came on along with the check engine light. A mile down the road and the engine stalled and had to make an emergency pull-over with my two young children in the car. Thankfully, the traffic was light that day, I was able to pull over safely, and I had cell service. I called my husband and let him know what happened. He brought gas and, sure enough, the truck started once again, but did not register fuel again until I filled the tank completely. It continues to repeat this cycle where it will register until a certain fuel level and then the needle will dive to below empty.

- Bigfork, MT, USA

Apr 142015

Frontier 6-cyl

White smoke coming out of the tail pipe.

- Lihue, HI, USA

Apr 272015

Frontier

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Frontier. After filling up the vehicle with fuel and driving, the contact noticed that the fuel gauge started to drop towards empty. The failure corrected itself, but the second time the failure occurred, the service engine light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that the sender inside the fuel tank needed to be replaced. The manufacturer stated that the part was not under warranty. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 95,549.

- Bolivia, NC, USA