2004 Nissan Murano accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Murano:

2004 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Nov 162008

Murano

The frame to the driver's side power seat broke while I was driving. I nearly ran off the road, narrowly missing another vehicle on the freeway.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Nov 262008

Murano

I own a 2004 Nissan Murano, and today after only owning the car for less than a year, the driver seat (automatic) broke and is leaning to the left. I am covered under an extended warranty and this problem will be covered by Nissan, but to those many owners of this vehicle that this has happened too, I feel obligated to report this issue. I feel this is a driving hazard and could cause a serious accident or even death. When the seat broke, I was in moving traffic of around 45 miles an hour, and I almost swerved to the left and hit a car. This is a parts issue that Nissan should cover. I think it would be unjust to allow Nissan to not recall this item and repair this item for free. I weigh less than 185, so I doubt this problem was due to weight issues. It's a defective parts issue. Please contact Nissan to get this corrected.

- Owings Mills, MD, USA

May 182007

Murano

I have a 2004 Nissan muruno and the passenger seat started making a clicking sound everytime I would turn, but at that time I did not know what it was. Then a few weeks later the I was driving and made had to stop abruptly and the seat broke. Then my seat was leaning to the side. When I took it to the dealership in raleigh, nc on wake forest road. I was told that I would have to buy a brand new chair. Which I think that they quoted me $800 then that was not including labor. That was almost 2 years ago. I am still riding with my seat leaning to the side.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Jul 072008

Murano

Drivers side seat on Nissan 2004 Murano seemed to have an "off-track" issue when moving seat up or back. Now iti has totally malfunctioned.

- Tipp City, OH, USA

Oct 012007

Murano

I have a 2004 Nissan Murano. The power drivers seat will only move on the left side and the right side is stuck. Upon taking it to the dealer, I was informed the gear on the right side was stripped, and it would be $1,000 + to fix this. I had the vehicle in multiple times under warranty for the seat slipping when I took-off from a stop sign, and was told it was operating as designed. I am concerned that in an accident this seat is not going to remain in place and it will result in major injuries.

- Wausau, WI, USA

Mar 052007

Murano

2004 Nissan Murano SE seat tilted to the left and cannot be adjusted. I have no replaced the part yet because the cost per the dealer is in excess of $1,000.

- Piscataway, NJ, USA

May 292008

Murano

I have a 2004 Nissan Murano which my wife and I love, but we have recently developed a problem that we haven't experienced before. The left side of the power drivers seat broke and the ride is very dangerous and unstable. I can only imagine what I will face if I ever have to suddenly stop my car. I'm currently searching for someone local that can weld the seat back to its base, but cost is a factor and so is time. It seems that this is a manufacture defect, and perhaps there should be some sort of recall to correct this issue before someone gets hurt and has to sue Nissan.

- Windsor Mill, MD, USA

Dec 252007

Murano 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Murano. Each time the vehicle is driven, the driver seat moves from right to left and front to back. The failure was noticed while driving 55 mph. The vehicle was taken to the dealer twice and they stated that the frame of the seat failed. There is a service bulletin regarding this failure; however, the number was unknown. The current mileage was 82,000 and failure mileage was 81,500.

- Spartanburg, SC, USA