2004 Nissan Murano drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Murano:

2004 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Apr 172008

Murano

Hi, I was driving down the road and turned the corner and heard a horrible noise. There was no warning, no lights on the dash -nothing. I had the car towed to a automotive shop. I was told they did not work on the problem. So I had the car towed to the local Nissan dealer. The Nissan dealer said I had a cracked transfer case and the estimate to get it fixed is $5049.96. I owe $1780 on the car. And nothing has been done because I don't have 5K to fix it.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Sep 162006

Murano

Brought my 2004 Nissan Murano in for alternator replacement due to factory recall on all 2003-2004 Muranos. 3 days later I began to hear some very loud banging noises from the engine area. The Murano was towed to Nissan that weekend and on Monday I was told that it was my transmission. Apparently there was regular transmission fluid added to the cvt transmission. The mastria Nissan service center will not take responsibility and they will not honor the drive train warranty.

- North Dighton, MA, USA