2004 Nissan Murano electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Murano:

2004 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Sep 162005

Murano 6-cyl

The caller said she has a recall on her vehicle and cannot get the work done. She said her charge light is coming on, and the brake light is coming on, but she is not experiencing any other problems. Received manufacturing recall P5215 concerning alternator. Dealer said they do not have the parts. Manufacturer was called a week ago, and they said they will call her back, but have not called her yet.

- Williston, VT, USA

Aug 012005

Murano 4WD 6-cyl

The consumer owns a 2004 Nissan Murano. The consumer received a recall letter one month ago and since then has been unable to get the recall repairs done. The dealerships could not get the parts to do the recall repairs. The consumer contacted the Nissan manufacturer. Since then, the consumer's wife had gotten stuck in the vehicle as well as almost being involved in an accident. Nissan told the consumer that they were not responsible for the vehicles actions. The consumer was unsure of when they would perform the recall repairs on the vehicle. Nissan was not willing to provide the consumer with a rental car. The recall was for the defective alternator. (12/05/05)

- Parkland, FL, USA

Jul 112005

Murano 6-cyl

The emergency brake light and the battery light came on. After about 30 miles the car "died" when I was going 65 mph

- Exton, PA, USA

Jul 022005

Murano 6-cyl

On July 2, 2005 warning lights come on (brake and alternator). Since it was before a long weekend (July 4) we couldn't do too much until July 5. it was impossible to deliver vehicle to any dealer, so we were forced to put it in a local garage. Alternator failed and battery was dead after 24,000 miles and 17 months of driving the vehicle. The problem was fixed by a local mechanic, reimbursment for our expenses are under dispute with Nissan.

- Shohola, PA, USA

Jun 282005

While driving down my street, my 2004 Murano (only 7,000 miles) lost acceleration and I could not get down the street. Thankfully I was not on the highway or I would have been stranded. I actually made it to my driveway where it stalled for good. I called the dealer and they had it towed to the dealership, and they replaced a defective alternator. It was all covered under warranty of course, but I think this type of failure could be potentially dangerous to other drivers of Murano's.

- Gahanna, OH, USA

Jun 262005

Murano 6-cyl

(1) I drove from chapel hill, nc to Washington, DC the morning/afternoon of the alternator failure. I was sitting idle (with car and A/C on) in front of the vienna, va metro station waiting for a friend. I was driving myself and 3 other people to a concert being held that night (Sunday June 26 2005) at Nissan pavilion in bristown, va. (2) as I placed my car in park to drive away with my 3 friends inside I noticed that the car would not go over 1 or 2 mph. I stepped on the gas pedal, but the enginer would not rev. I placed the car in reverse...same thing. I placed the car in neutral and the car revved. The battery and parking light were on. After a few more attempts to get the car moving I decided to shut it off for a few minutes and try again. This time around the engine would not start. (3) I had the car towed by aaa to the nearest Nissan dealer. They fixed (replaced?) the alternator and I was able to pick it up again that evening.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jun 252005

During nominal operations, the break and battery warning lights illuminated which was a signal that the alternator has failed. This model vehicle has had numerous alternator failures.

- Harvest, AL, USA

Jun 252005

Murano 6-cyl

2004 Nissan Murano alternator failure at 18,000 miles on odometer.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Jun 192005

Murano 6-cyl

The brake and battery warning lights came on while driving about 35 mph. I was able to drive about 15 more miles before the car appeared to stall. After pulling to the side of the road, I determined that I was still able to drive the car, albeit at a maximum of 5 mph. Luckily, I was only five blocks from home at the time and was able to safely drive the car and park it in front of my house. I called a tow truck and had the car towed to the dealership. The technicians determined that the alternator needed to be replaced. The alternator was replaced free of charge as the car was still under warranty with only 6500 miles.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jun 202005

Murano 6-cyl

Battery & brake light came on, few hours later car started stalling, car then cut off and was just idle, could not accelerate, dash board turned off, car sputterred then turned off. Taking car to dealership tomorrow

- Gretna, LA, USA

Jun 102005

Murano 6-cyl

2004 Nissan Murano failed to run on the highway. The engine was still running but the car would not move. Wife on way home from work and the car just quit on a busy fast exit ramp off I-95. After being towed to dealer the alternator was replaced. To completely stop on the highway to me is a very risky type of failure.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Jun 052005

My alternator for my Nissan Murano 04' series failed at 13K miles. Known to be a defect on all Murano's.

- New York, NY, USA

Apr 222005

Murano 6-cyl

Engine stalled while driving on highway. Could not restart. Took vehicle to dealer (still under warranty), who stated that the alternator failed causing the battery to fail. Dealer replaced alternator and battery.

- Centreville, VA, USA

Oct 122004

Alternator failure

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

May 032005

Murano 6-cyl

2004 Nissan Murano SE AWD with only 1901 miles had the alternator fail today. The car completely lost power leaving my unable to accelerate or use power steering or braking functions. Occurred on local city streets---had this occurred on the highway travelling at highway speeds it could have easily led to an accident. This is a very unsafe condition and should be rectified immediately. Dealer tech acknowledges that there have been numerous problems with the alternator. Dealer has ordered a replacement part (albeit a remanufactured one and not a new one) and will be replacing it tomorrow. The

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA

Oct 102004

Murano 6-cyl

The alternator stopped working. The car was stranded in the middle of the road.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Oct 032004

Murano 4WD

At 11,000 miles and 10 months the alternator failed draining the battery. Consumer had the vehicle towed to the dealer, who replaced the alternator free of charge.

- Washington, DC, USA

Sep 102004

Alternator failed. Pe04077_cat

- Murfreesboro, TN, USA

Jun 282004

Murano 6-cyl

While driving 45 mph consumer noticed that the battery and brake light appeared on the dashboard and remained on. Consumer applied the accelerator pedal and the vehicle failed to accelerate. Vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection, and mechanic determined that the alternator and battery needed to be replaced, and replaced them. However, the problem recurred. Pe04077_cat

- Juncos, PR, USA

Oct 282004

Murano 6-cyl

On Oct 26 warning lights came on (brake and alternator). On Oct 28, 2004 alternator failed and had to be replaced at 4600 miles on 2004 Nissan Murano bought in July 04.

- San Antonio, TX, USA