2005 Nissan Murano accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Murano:

2005 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 17 of 22)

Apr 152009

The driver's seat of my 2005 nisssan Murano rocks from side to side. It is unstable. I thought it was off track but after looking closely underneath the seat I noticed that the metal bracket that braces the seat was completely broken. The seat is not secured to the car. It is unsafe. I purchased the car brand new; I am the original owner. I went to the local Nissan dealer and was told the repair would cost $708 for the replacement part (the entire track would have to be replaced because it is one piece), plus $500 for labor. I declined the repair due to the exorbitant cost and called Nissan corporate. I told the company that this was a common defect in their cars (as researched on this site) and requested for the company to cover or reimburse the repair. My call was returned and I was told that I was outside of my warranty and "Nissan was not in the position" to cover the repair at this time. They do not recognize it as a fault in their craftsmanship. I disagree. A broken metal piece that secures a seat to the deck is not normal wear and tear and should be a part that lasts for the lifetime of the car.

- Spring Valley, CA, USA

May 092009

Lifter link slide assembly broke in driver seat under normal conditions at 56K miles.

- Pelham Manor, NY, USA

May 012009

Drivers seat bracket broke. Seat now rocks/ tilts towards door.

- West Allis, WI, USA

May 022009

Driver seat mount is broken. This happened today while driving and was quite scary. I am the primary driver of my '05 Murano so the seat is rarely adjusted.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Apr 272009

The drivers seat in my 2005 Nissan Murano suddenly collapsed as the frame broke. Fortunately, the car was not moving at the time so there was not an accident. I am not a large person and only weigh about 195 pounds. From what I gather this is a very common problem on the Murano and an important safety problem due to a poorly designed frame. Besides the fact that this is an $800 to $1100 repair bill, there should be a recall to fix this problem before someone gets killed. So far Nissan has been unwilling to recall this problem. I would suggest that the NHTSA call for a mandatory recall as soon as possible.

- Scotts Valley, CA, USA

Apr 202009

Driving on 4/20/2009 on the long island expressway. Without warning, the left side of the driver seat broke or detached off its left rail.

- Upton, NY, USA

Apr 232009

1. my wife noticed while she was driving her Nissan Murano (2005) today, that the seat started to feel loose and lean back to the left. She got out of the vehicle and pushed on the seat and noted a significant drop on putting pressure down on the back drivers side of the seat. This is the first time that the seat has been unstable. Upon inspection of the seat tonight the bar connecting the seat to the underlying structure had broken. This occurred on the driver's side on the back bar. The metal had worn and there were sharp edges on both sides. There had been no previous damage or abnormality with the seat prior to today (4-23-2009).

- Madison, MS, USA

Apr 132009

2005 Nissan Murano left rear anchor of drivers seat failed causing seat to move about while driving. This is a major safety issue with this vehicle and the manufacturer has only issued a service bulletin and does not cover this under the vehicle warranty. The charge to repair this seat is close to $1000. I am worried that in an accident that the seat failure could cause major injury to a driver of my vehicle.

- Spring, TX, USA

Mar 312009

Support bar under drivers seat broke. The seat now rocks back and forth, it is not sturdy. This happened by simply getting into the car one day, there was no warning the seat was simply unstable. When driving the car now the seat tips up when going around a corner, it feels like it will completely detach.

- Bear, DE, USA

Mar 302009

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that the driver's side seat failed and would no longer remain balanced. When he made right turns in the vehicle, the seat would lean to the left and vice versa. He also stated that the back left corner would drop to the left and give out upon sitting. The dealer stated that they could not assist with the repair because the warranty was exceeded by 2,000 miles. The contact weighs 180 pounds and stated that something in the seat structure was flawed. The dealer stated that the repairs would cost over $1,200. The VIN was unavailable. The failure and current mileages were less than 38,000.

- Hilo, HI, USA

Apr 022009

Left rear drivers seat of my 2005 Nissan Murano SE AWD broke. Heard a load "snap, " then the seat dropped to the left rear. The seat now rocks and cannot be properly positioned. The car has 55,000 miles on it, is in terrific condition, and I literally bought out my lease 48 hours ago! I understand that Nissan will not make these repairs since the warranty has expired. I am also learning that this is a repeated problem plaguing 2005 and 2006 Muranos. This is a safety issue and a design flaw that should be covered under recall.

- La Canada, CA, USA

Apr 012009

The air bag indicator light is flashing in the dash again. I had this problem fixed once before while still under warranty at the North little rock dealership. On leaving the garage within just a mile, I made a left turn and heard a crunching noise in the steering column and it came back on. I went strait back and they said they would fix it but the (second replacement part) wouldn't be in till the next day so I was given a loaner for one day. Now it's back on again. Also noted shortly after the warranty expired that the lumbar support on the drivers side no longer inflates/deflates and hasn't worked since. I have had all recalls fixed and had to replace the battery at 37,000 miles at my cost. Also had to have the dealership resurface both front rotors and replace a rear caliper under warranty that had locked up 1 & 1/2 years ago. I see that the front rotors are in need of resurfacing again even though the break pads have 1/2 of there wear left to go. Due to the highly chromed /curved dipstick, getting an accurate oil level reading is not possible at any time, so the dipstick has only been removed three time since purchasing it as it is a pointless endeavor. I own six autos that range in age from 1972 threw this 2005 Murano and of all of them, the Murano is the least trusted one. I will never own another Nissan.

- Fremont, MI, USA

Mar 282009

I sat down in the drivers seat of my 2005 Nissan Murano and the left rear side of the frame sheared off. The seat is now totally unstable and unsafe.

- San Clemente, CA, USA

Oct 012008

My driver's side seat no longer operates with the powered seat adjustments, and is stuck in one position. At first, it would veer to the right, but now is stuck in one position that is not the best position for me, causing me concern for my safety on the road. When I had it looked at the Nissan dealership, they informed me that the cost would be @ $1000. As I researched on-line, I see several complaints about the very same thing. This needs to be recalled and fixed to avoid accidents.

- Berkley, MI, USA

Mar 232009

Sitting in my 2005 Nissan Murano drivers seat. Left side of seat collapsed / broke while driving.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Mar 102009

I drive a 2005 Nissan Murano. One day I was making a 90 degree right turn when I felt the driver seat snap. Afterward I could left up the seat with my hand where it should have been secured to the floor. The seat now leans to the right whenever I make a right turn. After reading about this on some message boards I've heard this is a very common problem for the Nissan Murano. This is a huge safety issue that is expensive to fix, around 1000 dollars.

- Austin, TX, USA

Mar 152009

I've been having a problem with the power driver's seat in my '05 Nissan Murano. It is loose and shifts side to side when I turn corners. I contacted my dealer and they said that the lifter link slide assembly was broken and would need to be replaced at the tune of $600. There is a tsb (technical service bulletin) out on this exact problem. Since my vehicle is out of warranty, Nissan North America has refused to fix it and therefore, own up to this safety issue. I would hate to see what would happen during a crash. Please recall this issue before anyone loose their lives.

- La Grange Park, IL, USA

Mar 172009

Driver's car seat broke on 2005 Nissan Murano. $1000 repair.

- Fair Oaks, CA, USA

Jun 012008

Driver seat metal frame that holds seat in is broken (Nissan calls it a seat adjustment frame). The frame broke at about 40,000+ miles give or take. When you turn the corner or lean to one side while driving, the entire seat rocks back and forth, it lifts up on one side and falls back down. It's just a matter of time before the stress put on the opposite side breaks it too. This is every time it is driven, regardless of speed.

- Beaverton , OR, USA

Dec 102008

Driver's seat on 2005 Nissan Murano became wobbly-loose during course of driving.

- Seattle, WA, USA