2005 Nissan Murano accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Murano:

2005 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 1 of 22)

Aug 012016

Murano

I bought my son an 2005 Nissan Murano last year. Just recently his drivers seat track has broken in the farthest back position it can go. It is now a safety concern for me to drive. I can not reach the gas pedal and brake safely. I did some research and found that many many people have had the same problem and that Nissan would not fix it because their were no injuries as of yet.... injuries or not this is a defective product and they should make it right !! I contacted Nissan directly and just like everyone else they will not do anything about it. I am a single mom still paying on this car I can't afford $1,000 to replace the seat. Why can't someone make this company do the ethical thing and replace the broken part"???? we work hard for our money and there should be someone out there to protect the consumer not the major corporations ! what has happened to this country " there is no integrity anymore just greed. I for one will tell everyone I know how Nissan handled this as well as I will never never buy Nissan again. Toyota ahd Honda will always get my business because they stand behind their product. I drive a Honda and even though my vehicle was out of warranty I had a piston seal issue in my motor and they fixed it free of charge and made it like new again. Thanks for nothing Nissan you suck !! my son was getting into the car, sat in the seat and all of a sudden he felt the left side of the seat drop down. It will not move forward or backward only slightly sideways. It is now useless to me being I am only 5'5 my son is 6'2 and only 148lbs. It was not from his weight, it is from a faulty metal.

- Cumming, GA, USA

May 092016

Murano

Driver seat is broken it is being supported now with 3 bricks. It broke as I was making a right turn and I temporary lost control of the vehicle.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jun 142016

Murano

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Murano. While driving 35 mph, the front driver side seat bracket fractured and caused the contact to veer to the left. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the seat bracket needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 174,000.

- Lutz, FL, USA

Feb 012016

Murano

The drivers seat mounting bracket failed and the seat fell. Apparently this has happened to others on this model year? I believe this is a safety concern as a driver could lose control if the bracket snaps like mine did. Luckily mine was stationary when it snapped.

- Madelia, MN, USA

Feb 222014

Murano

During normal use the driver's seat broke loose from the seat rail. I was very lucky that this occurred when I went to get into the vehicle while in my garage and not while I was driving or during a crash. Upon inspection the trip steel hollowed out plate connecting the seat to the rail broke. I am a mechanical engineer and the design of this part was clearly not strong enough to survive a crash. Instead of being a solid piece of thick steel it was hollowed out and the thin strips left to attach the seat to the rail were not strong enough to withstand normal use much less the force caused by a crash. The redesigned replacement part was a much stronger solid piece of metal.

- Ashburn, VA, USA

Jan 152016

Murano

I have a broken seat track that when I stop it put me in to the steering wheel. This is the 2nd time this has happened it was replaced on August 19 2011 and Nissan payed $500 toward the replacement and now it has broken again. This is a very unsafe common problem with this car as seen on the Nissan message boards.

- Proctorville, OH, USA

Jan 022016

Murano

While driving my vehicle on January 2,2016 I heard a loud noise from my seat and then a sudden drop in the rear drivers side seat. Upon pulling over I noticed that the seat was unattached on the rear left side. I took it to my repair shop, they removed the seat to find that the bracket was completely sheared off. I was told that they have never seen anything like that before. He called the Nissan dealership and he was informed that there was tsb's on the drivers seat but no recall stating that there were no serious accidents as a result of this defect but that was all and was told that we could buy the parts from them but that it was all on me to pay to have it repaired

- Middletown, RI, USA

Nov 032015

Murano

The front bracket of the driver seat seems to have broke and the seat lifts to the side while I'm driving. It also lifts a little while I get in the car. Same problem documented here www.nissanmurano.org/forums/66-problems/1548-driver-S-seat-30.html

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Oct 212015

Murano

Driver seat back left bracket connected to the frame is broken. My driver seat now sways back and forth while driving and is very uncomfortable on my back. It is a serious safety hazard while driving. This a very common problem that Nissan should fix by ensuring a recall for their costumers.

- Portsmouth, VA, USA

Dec 162014

Murano

While boarding my car driver seat broke and also the damage triggered the air bag light to pop since the driver seat is linked to air bag.

- Farmington Hills, MI, USA

Jan 152015

Murano 6-cyl

I have a 2005 Nissan Murano S with just 65,000 miles on it. The driver's seat broke; I think it is something at the left rear of the seat. After looking on line, I found that there is a problem with a part called the lifter bracket. It would appear that there are hundreds of people out there with this problem. Apparently Nissan is aware of this problem because they manufacture a part for this repair at a very high cost to the consumer not to mention the labor cost to do the repair. This has been an apparent problem for years without any recall by Nissan. My sister also has a 2005 Nissan Murano as well and her driver's seat broke a few years ago; they put a brick under it to stop the rocking! the seat rocks to the right when you go around a corner and god forbid what could happen if an accident were to occur. Is there anything your Agency can do to cause Nissan to issue a recall on the driver's seat?

- Buckley, WA, USA

Apr 022015

Murano

Exiting the neighborhood, the drivers seat fell backwards from underneath the seat.

- Covington, GA, USA

Mar 082015

Murano

While turning a corner the seat mount (driver's side) broke causing the seat to immediately slant to the left. Luckily I was only traveling at a relatively slow speed, had I been on the highway, passing a truck this equipment failure could have potentially caused a serious accident, as I would have no doubt been distracted and tried to fix or adjust the seat. Apparently this is a common failure for this vehicle due to the low quality parts being used. Nissan should take ownership of this problem especially when the vehicle is one of their more expensive ones currently in their inventory.

- Kemptville, NY, USA

Mar 202013

Murano

The rear drivers seat has broke. The part is on the frame of the seat that is attached to the lift motor. Now it will not lift at all and I have had to use blocks to adjust the seat which is not safe but the repair is over $800.

- Austin, TX, USA

Jan 022015

Murano

Front drivers side seat. Left rear reinforcement broken. No collisions or crashes. Same part where all the other seats are breaking.

- Kitchener, CA, USA

Dec 172014

Murano 6-cyl

Hello dear, I am writing this message to report a critical issue which happened on my Nissan Murano 2005. Last week during driving, my whole driver seat suddenly loose and now it almost fell off from frame. I feel not safe any more to drive it. It costs $500 to $1000 to fix. It is a Nissan Murano 2005 S model, I bought on February 2006 band new. It has around 100K, I used it for work most of time. After did some research online, I found it is a very common issue on Nissan Murano 2005. Nissan should recall for this critical issue and take full responsible for the fix.

- Seaford, NY, USA

Oct 012014

Murano

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that the anchor bracket fractured on the driver's seat and the seat remained shifted to the left. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 140,000.

- Panama City, FL, USA

Oct 152014

Murano 6-cyl

Well, month ago my wife unlocked the car, sat inside and start the engine. While she was trying to reverse then front driver seat just collapsed on the left side. Well, we find out it is front seat bracket that broke and while I was looking it online find out that a lot of people had same issues with their Nissan and never was made to be recall.they charge to fix that between 950-1200 $. Nissan is very much aware of this issue and they did found solution by putting an extra support on the bracket so it's more sturdy. I'm just happy that this did not happen on hwy. That could cause me to cause accident and get hurt me and other people. Please take this seriously because we all know this is not something that should happen especially on the driver side driving on major hwy. Or not.

- Snellville, GA, USA

Sep 302014

Murano

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that the front driver's side seat frame became fractured. The dealer diagnosed that the seat frame needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 134,000.

- Manville , TX, USA

Apr 112013

Murano 6-cyl

Left seat initially stopped front to back movement. The right side would try to move but left would not move. Yesterday the seat broke loose on the left side. Repair estimate is $1000. After spending time on line, it has come to my attention that this a well documented problem. I understand a safety bulletin has been issued but Nissan has not issued a recall for this issue. I believe this to be a serious safety issue as this part could break in an accident and cause serious injury to the driver.

- Westford, MA, USA