2007 Nissan Murano accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Murano:

2007 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 9 of 10)

Oct 242010

Murano 6-cyl

2007 Nissan Murano with 54000 miles purchased new in 07 - as I was driving I heard a pop. Later realized that the driver side seat is loose at the back left side and moves and drops 2 - 3 inches when sat in. Wobbles when turning curves. Electric seat still moves back and forward but does not tilt. Dealer said over the phone when I called to make an appointment that it is a broken track and is out of warranty. Would require replacement of entire seat foundation and would cost $1300 to repair. With so many complaints about the same defect and some much worse, why is there no recall for a safety hazard?

- Lake Jackson, TX, USA

Sep 172010

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Murano. While traveling 30 mph the contact heard a loud noise inside of the vehicle, seconds later the contact noticed that the bottom of the front driver side seat had collapsed. The vehicle was taken to the dealership where the contact was informed that the lifter link assembly needed to be replaced. There were no prior warnings and the vehicle was not repaired. The current and failure mileages were 46000.

- Austin, TX, USA

Sep 132010

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Murano. The contact was driving 25 mph when the electric rail track for the front driver seat fractured. The contact would have to lean to the side in order to drive the vehicle, causing extreme difficulty driving. The dealer stated that the electric rails would need replacing. The contact stated he was advised by the dealer that the failure was very common in his year, make and model and the contact believed that the failure should be covered under a recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Lewiston, ID, USA

Jul 102010

2007 Nissan Murano driver seat, left corner weld is broken and rocks while turning corners or driving. If you are not sitting in the seat you can just move the seat freely and it is obvious that it is broken. Nothing was done to correct this as not covered under warranty. I feel this is a big safety concern as you are the driver of the vehicle and need to control it, meanwhile you are sitting in an unsafe seat that is broken.

- Council Bluffs, IA, USA

Aug 142010

Drivers side power seat on my 2007 Nissan Murano is broken. The left side of the seat moves fine but the right side is locked in one position. I had the problem diagnosed by an authorized Nissan dealer and was informed that a plastic gear on the side right side of the seat used to move the seat from back to front is damaged and needs replaced. This plastic gear is probably less than $5 to manufacture but I was told by the dealer that the whole track needs to be replaced at a cost of $750 (not including labor). There are numerous complaints on the internet regarding this issue.

- New Kensington, PA, USA

Aug 102010

Drivers side seat frame broken. No accidents, or any other issues before it becoming broken. We need to replace the frame of the drivers seat costing $1200. There are multiple complaints on the same issues with the same model/yr. As well as the same model and different years.

- Plainfield, IL, USA

May 302010

I have a 2007 Nissan Murano that experienced a break to the drivers side seat frame. The metal support at the back of the seat sheared off from it's weld to the rest of the seat frame causing the seat to suddenly rock backwards. Nissan usa refused to repair this defect at their expense and are charging $1,132 for an entirely new seat frame assembly. After searching the internet and finding many, many other owners with the same issue, I took my car to a local welder here in cincinnati Ohio and had him weld the piece back to the frame. He also shored up the other side and took out the passenger seat as well and found a crack in the metal support frame on that side. That was welded also. I am concerned at Nissan's apparent disregard for the potential safety issue here. It seems to me that there are enough similar problems to warrant a recall for defective design and/or manufacture. The local welder I used in cincinnati told me this was his 4th Murano. That's one local welder in cincinnati. Thanks for your attention to this issue.

- Mason, OH, USA

Jul 252010

The driver seat frame on my 2007 Nissan Murano broke while I was driving and I almost lost control of my vehicle. I went by the dealer today and they said same is not covered and want me to pay one thousand dollars for a new frame even though they know same is defective, they said until same is deemed a safety issue /recall they are not going to fix anything for free.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Jul 082010

Seat bracket broke, which seems to be a major safety defect in the Nissan Murano. When I attempted to adjust the seat only one side would raise, the other was other event led to failure. Cant even buy an updated part, Nissan only sells the same defective part.

- Troy, AL, USA

Jul 032010

Suddenly, while driving my 2007 Nissan Murano today, I heard a "snap" sound, and the driver's seat began leaning to the left. Not feeling safe in the car, I stopped to inspect the seat, and found that the steel frame was broken under the left rear corner of the seat cushion. The car has been driven 50,000 miles at this point, so it is no longer under warranty. This is obviously a safety issue for this vehicle.

- Jericho, NY, USA

May 162010

The seat mount failed on my 2007 Nissan Murano. In reviewing the damage, I discovered that the mount is a thin strip of inferior metal. In exploring options to fix the seat I went to the dealer, who said a repair would be approximately $1,500. I do not believe that this is a maintenance issue and is definitely a safety issue. In reviewing the database there have been several investigations but with no recommendations. Please help.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 202010

Nissan Murano driver seat base is broke in 2 pieces.

- Pembroke Pines , FL, USA

Jun 012010

Driver power seat of Nissan Murano breaks for no reason while I was driving the vehicle. I am only 179 lbs. Left rear bracket broke and seat becomes unstable. It is shaking from left to right and front to rear. When press the brake pedal, seat leans to the back. It also may be dangerous because seat has a safety bag.

- Newton, MA, USA

Jul 152009

The drivers side front seat bracket broke while driving, thus allowing the seat to lean sharply to the door.

- Kamloops Bc Canada, 00, USA

Apr 302010

I have a 2007 Nissan Murano S model with a broken seat linkage bracket on the lower left hand side of the drivers seat. I was 3 months out of my warranty with only 25K miles, the vehicle is moderately used and it's a big safety issue. My seat no longer stays upright and will rock on the left side.

- Little Ferry , NJ, USA

Jun 072010

Murano 6-cyl

I brought my car in for an oil change and when I picked up the car I was told my lift link was broken. I informed the dealer that it was not like that prior to bringing car in. He told me Nissan Murano had a history of this defect. I was never told of this defect. I question why the dealer failed to tell me this upon leasing the 2007 Murano and secondly how it just happened to break during a visit. The technician explained to the consumer that the lift link keeps the seat in a stable position. He then proceeded to show the consumer that the driver's seat was rocking from side to side and could be dangerous in case of an accident. The consumer stated there was nothing wrong with the seat, when the vehicle was dropped off at the dealer. The consumer also stated the driver's side visor would not stay in the upright position. The technician examined the visor and stated it was broken and needed to be replaced. Updated IVOQ 08/12/10

- West Hartford, CT, USA

May 012010

Driver's side seat just broke - seat rocks back and forth while driving, more noticeable when stopping and accelerating. Looked underneath seat and it appears one weld is broken, the other side's weld may be cracked.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Apr 242010

Driver's left rear seat attachment point gave way during a shift in body weight. This created a floating type condition as the left rear of the seat shifted up and down in correlation with the vehicles movements/cg shift. Took vehicle to dealer to point out unsafe condition and was told that it was not covered under warranty despite the vehicle being only 3 years old with less than 100,000 miles on it.

- Branson, MO, USA

Apr 222010

Left side of seat frame broke. Drivers seat. Dealer quoted $1250 to repair. Not safe to drive with loose seat.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Mar 272010

My 2007 Murano has a cracked support bar that allows the seat to rock back and forth as I drive. The cost estimate was over $1000. I have driven over 1 million miles in my life and have never experienced a cracked seat (49,000 mile on the car).

- Walpole, MA, USA