2007 Nissan Murano steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Murano:

2007 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 222016

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Murano. While driving various speeds, the steering wheel made an abnormal squeaking noise. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the power steering hose had an internal leak and the power steering sensor failed and would need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 84,000.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Nov 062008

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Murano. While driving approximately 25 mph, the steering wheel shifted independently. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was undetermined. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown. Updated 02/02/16

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jun 012015

Power steering fluid leak. Have to replace fluid every week. If fluid runs out while driving, will loose control of auto and crash. Took auto to clay Nissan of newton and they could not find the leak, yet each week I have to top up the steering fluid. This started on 06/01/2015 and I top up each week.

- Bedford, MA, USA

Nov 272014

Murano 6-cyl

I was driving down hwy 100 in milwaukee at approximately 40 mph when the car suddenly died in the middle of the road, fortunately no accident was caused because of the sudden stop. The car would not start after this stop. I pushed the car into a nearby parking lot and took the battery into a local hardware store. The battery was dead and needed to be charged. I re installed the battery and got the car started (the engine sounded loud) and drove to the auto store and had the alternator tested - it was dead. I started to drive the car home and it would not go above 30 mph and the cel was on. The next morning I had the alternator replaced (Sunday), the battery kept it's charge. I took the vehicle to the Nissan dealer on Monday morning - they determined that the transmission needed to be replaced. I got my car back after 2 weeks and drove it home. I did notice that the there was a slight whine - I thought it was with the replaced transmission. I got louder each dayand I took it back to the Nissan dealer, but the noise would quit after it warmed up. The Nissan dealer determined that it was the high pressure power steering hose. These events appeared to be caused by a previous event - (1) alternator (2) transmission (3) high pressure power steering hose, all started November 27 2014, and lastly ended on February 10, 2015, hopefully.

- Greenfield, WI, USA

Oct 092014

Murano 6-cyl

Car started to make a noise when steering or hitting a bump.

- Gilbert , AZ, USA

Sep 262014

Murano 6-cyl

Loss of steering, clanking / squealing noise from engine and oil leak below front passenger side of vehicle. Vehicle repair facility identified issue to be broken power steering pressure hose.

- Folsom, CA, USA

Sep 132014

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that there was a leak coming from underneath the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who diagnosed that the high pressure power steering line needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 52,629.

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Mar 102014

Noticed leak on driveway cement. Investigated found ps fluid low. Refilled and continued to leak. Being repaired as we write at my cost. Should be recall as I have read many reports of this happening.

- Mattapoisett, MA, USA

Feb 262014

Murano 6-cyl

On 2/23/14, I notice there was what appeared to be oil leaking from my truck. I took it to the dealer on 2/26/14, it was the it was the pressure holes leaking which have caused other problems. Rack and pinion (R) side, replace fuel sender two parts. September of 2013, I had to have both right and left control arm repair. This should be a recall and the customer should not have the responsibility of expense.

- Missouri City, TX, USA

May 012013

Murano 6-cyl

The vehicle was not driving well and the fuel sensor was not working properly. We took the vehicle to an independent repair shop. The lower control arms were replaced at that time, however the fuel sensor was not as it was an additional expense we could not pay for out of pocket. These are both known problems to Nissan and have already been recalled on other SUV's of the same model year. In speaking to Nissan there is nothing they are willing to do to ensure the safety of the vehicle or to reimburse us for the repair already made.

- Cedar Grove, NJ, USA

Mar 232013

Murano 6-cyl

I was driving on the freeway when I suddenly noticed my steering wheel was upside down. Luckily, I could still steer and I immediately took it to the dealer where I had purchased the car and an extended warranty. I had not been involved in any kind of accident, but in trying to figure out what happened I thought I might have gone over a curb while turning right and it may have jarred something. The dealer latched onto this thought and said I broke the steering column when I went over the curb. They would not cover the repair, despite the extended warranty. I just don't believe it. How could going up on a curb and dropping down--from a stop--break the steering column" the dealer said I need to "replace the steering rack and replace the cable reel." My insurance paid another company for repairs and they replaced the "gear assembly." Since I don't know what any of this means, I am writing the invoice's direct quotes. I really believe there is/was a defect in the car. Has anyone else had this problem"

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Oct 022013

Murano 6-cyl

Power steering line split, spraying oil over engine, drivetrain and accessories.

- Chanhassen, MN, USA

Jun 102013

Murano 6-cyl

When I turned my engine off, got out the truck and locked the doors the vehicle turned back on without me being in the truck or putting the key in the ignition. I do not have an auto starter. This happened on three different occasions. The first time we didn't even recognize it happened and it drained the battery, the second time we thought we were hallucinating and the last incident on Monday, July 15, 2013, it was 8:30 am and I was exiting the vehicle to go in to my place of employment when the vehicle turned back on. I instantly thought I locked the keys in the truck when I noticed they were in my hands. I unlocked the doors tried turning it off three times and finally on the fourth try it stayed off and didn't turn back on. I felt bad because I thought my daughter was trying to scare me about the car starting on its own. There's also an issue with the car pulling to the right all by itself.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

May 012013

Murano 6-cyl

Vehicle power steering fluid leaking from high pressure hose, causing loosing of steering and smoke coming out from under the car.

- Gloucester City , NJ, USA

Apr 302013

Murano 6-cyl

Power steering fluid leak - hard to turn steering, loud noise from steering pump because no fluid present - looks like power steering hose leak - did some research online and it is very common in Murano 2003-2007 - obviously Nissan wont recall it even when you have whole forums online and hundreds of people complaining about same thing.

- Gloucester City , NJ, USA

Apr 022012

The contact owned a 2007 Nissan Murano. While driving approximately 20 mph the steering wheel locked. The driver was unable to turn the steering wheel and crashed into an electrical pole. The air bags deployed. A police report was filed. A passenger in the front seat sustained a back and neck sprain as well as severe pain to her entire body. The vehicle was towed an auto body shop. The vehicle was destroyed. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Stroudsburg, PA, USA

Sep 162010

Murano 6-cyl

Murano began leaking from the power steering hose. Felt like I was driving a 18-wheeler. Impossible to turn. Made a loud screeching noise. Complained to Nissan. They initially promised to repair the hose but then backed down and (are you ready for this) offered to sell me a new Nissan at dealer cost. I'm the 2nd owner and the car was initially purchased in 2006. This is a deadly problem and a factory defect. Nissan has chosen to ignore it and most probably finds it less expensive to litigate any deaths as a result of the power steering hose failure rather than recall the Murano.

- Miami, FL, USA

Sep 032012

Bought used Murano about 6mths ago- dealer has carfax said no problems-power steering hose began to leak after about two weeks-thought it was just airconditioner-kept leaking more and staining driveway-took to mechanic they said it was powering steering hydraulic hose-could cause hose blow-out or fire $$$$$to repair. Is there a recall.

- Springville, AL, USA

Aug 272012

Murano 6-cyl

Steering became difficult and car was making loud noise. I had no steering fluid left at all. Mechanic says there is a leak somewhere and it could be the steering gear/rack that could cost up to $1,700 to repair.and that this is a common problem with the 2007 Nissan Murano. There should be a recall!

- Scituate, MA, USA

Jun 262012

Murano 6-cyl

I noticed power steering fluid on the concrete under my vehicle. A mechanic told me my hose was leaking and I found out it cost about $500 to fix. I checked with Nissan dealer to see if there was a recall. He told me no. There should be a recall on this problem because it is dangerous. The fluid is all underneath my vehicle. The fluid could ignite by hitting the exhaust pipe or anything hot.

- Bolivar, TN, USA