2012 Nissan Murano miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Murano:

2012 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Jun 212016

I brought the car in for routine oil change and it took over 3 hours to complete. I was told that there was a recall that needed to be done but they would not tell me more except that it had to do with the air bags and the computer. I have not been able to get more information from the dealer after several attempts via phone and letter. I am concerned that it is safety related and that they are hiding something dangerous.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

May 162016

Safety recall

- Springfield, GA, USA

Sep 122015

Sunroof glass broke for no apparent reason. This happened in September 2015; car had been parked in the sun, followed by a thunderstorm. We discovered water coming in around the sliding interior sunroof panel and subsequently found sunroof glass shattered. It has been replaced under the glass coverage of our insurance. Recent story of other similar complaints at

- Midlothian, VA, USA

Nov 272015

While driving about 65 miles an hour down the highway I heard a loud bang overhead. When I could get to an area to investigate what happened, it was the sun roof glass that had shattered for no reason. It was a big hole dead center of the forward glass. The glass broke into a million pieces with portions of it still able to fly away.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Oct 032015

I was driving 55 mph on highway, sun was in my eyes so I lowered the drivers side sun visor. It immediately became floppy and I couldn't get it to raise back up. I had to hold the visor up with other hand while slowing and navigating safely to pull off of highway. With focused concentration, I can get the visor to go back up into place and stay but cannot safely use. It appears to be the "pin"" that attaches up inside the visor attachment to the car roof. "

- Pensacola, FL, USA