1.9

2007 Nissan Quest engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Quest:

2007 Nissan Quest Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 102014

Quest

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Quest. The contact stated that the fuel gauge level and low fuel warning light failed to function properly. In addition, the check engine warning light illuminated. The VIN was not included in a manufacturer recall related to the failure. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Laurel, MD, USA

Dec 282014

Quest 6-cyl

Driving approximately 45 mph, and engine stalled and cut out. Lost power steering and power brakes. Needed to make evasive moves to avoid accident and get off road. Car ran out of gas. Dashboard fuel gauge said 1/4 tank of gas. Onboard trip display said zero (0) distance till empty, but I do not use this. I had to get assistance and 1 put less than 1 gallon gas in car. Fuel gauge did not move and still says there is 1/4 tank gas, while trip computer registered above 0 dte. This is extremely dangerous to lose control of vehicle unexpectedly. I have been driving for over 27 years and have never run out of gas and have always relied on the gauge, not the trip computer. Please investigate and let me know what I should do. This is a very dangerous situation. I had 2 kids in the car, and I am grateful my wife was not driving, as she would have been unable to steer or apply brakes in such a situation when loss of power occurs under this situation. The trip computer can be wrong, but the fuel gauge on the dash board should always be correct. Basic principle.

- Manassas, VA, USA

Apr 012014

Quest

While driving, the car suddenly loses power and comes to a stop. After several attempts to restart the engine I decided to check the mte and gas gauge which both indicate there is plenty of gas to continue. I had the battery, alternator and starter checked and they were fine. So I decided to add more gas then shazam it started. Please inform if there's a recall or how to remedy the issue. Thanks.

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA

Aug 092014

Quest

Hi we were on way from niagara to harrisburg in our Nissan Quest 2007. There was no maintenance issue in my vehicle. I had a fuel filled at corning and on the way towards harrisburg on us-15 near to lawerenceville, my vehicle was on 65mph and suddenly the engine stopped and I pulled over to the shoulder. Luckily it got completely pulled over to the shoulder. The mechanic near toiga told me that the timing chain has snapped and has caused the engine damage and it is a known problem with the Nissan vehicle. Need your help to register the complaint.

- Henrico, VA, USA

Mar 032014

Quest 6-cyl

Issue with timing chain noise when car starts. Faulty timing chain idler and tensioner causes timing chain to be sloppy.

- Saint Petersburg, FL, USA

Sep 212013

Quest 6-cyl

This has happened to me on two occasions now. Driving along in peak traffic and suddenly vehicle shuts off. No power steering and almost involved in accidents both occasions the first time I was alone the second time I had my grand babies with me and that was terrifying for them as the other road users where whizzing past and they were stopped. Both times I looked at the digital reading on the display and it displayed the miles as 80 miles to empty and 60 miles to empty and the manual gauge still showed just under 1/4 tank left. The low fuel light never came on either time. This needs to be sorted out before some one gets killed especially as this is used to Transport children....updated 04-10-14

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Nov 042013

Quest 6-cyl

Took my 2007 Nissan Quest in to the Nissan dealership for a rattle, vibration and pulsing out of the front end. Service writer tells me it's a timing chain (not belt) that needs to be replaced. I asked him if that was the noise I heard (I didn't think that was the issue) and I was told they weren't sure and that probably wasn't the noise I was hearing. I left the dealership only to have the vibrations worse, noise more pronounced and the thought of a $2000 bill on the horizon for a timing chain. The vehicle seems to push and constantly pull to the left. Alignment and new tires had no effect at all. Sometimes the van seems unstable at entry highway speeds. Nissan usa clearly doesn't care so I'm hoping you might be able to do something with them.

- Wilmore, KY, USA

Jul 152013

Quest

It was a noise coming under the car we take to mechanic.they told me timing chain is loose don't drive like this it is danger 3500 dollars to fix it. We take it to the Nissan they said the same. Asking lotsof money to fix it. This problem is manufacture fault but seems like they don't care. No more Nissan for me I haven't finish payment yet

- Tenafly, NJ, USA

Mar 262013

Quest 6-cyl

During regular oil change dealer advised lower "a" arm of suspension and left side engine mount were defective and needed change. I responded I had extended warranty go ahead. Dealer stated there was no extended warranty, I needed to pay cash first. I insisted the dealer send someone to the car a copy of the extended warranty was in the glove compartment. The dealer finally accepted there was an extended warranty. The anomaly is that the oil drain and filter are in immediate proximity to the suspension and engine mount and the defects were not detected during previous oil changes. It was only after the factory warranty expired the defects were found. The dealer expected no warranty existed and therefore cash would need to be paid. Cash payment for non-warranty is kept solely by the dealer. My concern is the defects were found while the vehicle was still under factory warranty and we were sent back out onto the highway in a defective vehicle waiting for the factory warranty to expire. There is a possibility dealers are sending dangerous cars back out onto the highway waiting for factory warranties to expire and not have to split repair fees with corporate.

- El Centro, CA, USA

Jan 012012

Quest 6-cyl

The rattling noise began at 45,000 miles. When I accelerate, a rattling chain sound is heard from the engine area. I currently have 50,000 miles on my 2007 Nissan Quest. It has to be replaced or it will eventually do damage to the engine. It's an 8 hr process. It's estimated at $1800 for the repair. The timing chain needs to be replaced and there's no recall. There is a repair bulletin out but no recall. The speedometer reads 20-25mph when it's at "parked" and sometimes when the engine is turned off. I am driving 60mph on a local road and 100mph on the freeway. The rear blower turns on by itself when I turn on the engine. I have to shut off the engine and the blower turns off. The front blower is off during the entire time. These are repairs that have been experienced by other owners and yet there's no recall, only service bulletins.

- Buena Park, CA, USA

Dec 202012

Quest 6-cyl

I have recently filed a complaint with Nissan usa regarding the timing chain rattling noise on my 2007 Nissan Quest. I was told that the company is not responsible for the repairs since my car was out of warranty. However, the company has issued service bulletin on this issue indicating a major design deficiency with chain guide, tensioner and chains. Timing chain is not supposed to go out at this low miles interval, and noting the various complaints on the web, I would request that this issue being investigated and be made into a recall for these vehicles. This can be a safety issue if the chain were to break while operating the vehicle.

- Stafford, VA, USA