1.9

2007 Nissan Quest engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Quest:

2007 Nissan Quest Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 192016

Quest

Transmission jerks/slips between gears on daily basis. This just appeared in the spring and has been an ongoing/increasing problem since then. Have taken car to mechanic at least 3 times and asked for resolution. Mechanics have been unable to replicate or fix the problem. It is especially prevalent if take foot off gas, coast, then put foot on gas again. Sometimes the jerk is severe enough to affect the people sitting in the car. It seems like eventually the car will just not engage and I'll have to leave it on side of road.

- Basking Ridge, NJ, USA

Aug 032015

Quest

Rattle noise when started and a celebrate timing belt issues

- Aurora, IL, USA

Jul 072016

Quest

We were headed out on a 2400 mile trip and wanted to make sure our van was ready. First issue was the struts. Got those fixed. A week later we were back in because of engine noise and they fixed the timing chain and tensioners. A few days later again because of engine noise we found out the wheel bearing needed fixed.

- Germantown, OH, USA

Oct 092015

Quest

Timing chain and tensioner began to fail around 105,000. Cost to replace was $2166.57. I was under the impression that timing chains were supposed to last longer than that amount of time.

- Albany, OR, USA

Apr 022016

Quest

I have a problem with defective timing chain tensioning systems.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

May 182016

Quest

At about 50,000 miles the engine started emitting a white smoke, I took to several certified mechanics and all of them said it needs an engine overhaul with no gurantee that the white smoke will disappear, the vehicle does not consume coolant or motor oil and has no head gasket engine damage

- Arcaadia, CA, USA

Mar 082016

Quest

1.vechicle run out of gas even though it showed it had 1/4 tank and displayed 24 miles before empty. Was stuck in the middle of high speed traffic without any warning. 2. vechicle vibrates when driving 40 miles seem to be defective transmition. 3.vechicle as loud noise coming from timing chain area. According to mechanic this is a costly and known issue with Nissan. Where timing chain guide as permature ware causing time chain to become loose and cuase noise could become a safety issue.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jan 012015

Quest

I purchased my 2007 Nissan Quest SE January of 2014 and after about a year of ownership, the van started to make the now infamous timing chain rattle noise upon cold starting the van. It would eventually go away after 10 minutes or more, but its really annoying to have to listen to this loud noise every time I start my van, and Nissan should be held accountable and offer a free permanent fix to this problem.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Feb 152016

Quest

I had a problem with the timing chain fixed paid a lot of money and it's doing it again my mechanic said this specific vehicle has this problem.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Feb 022016

Quest

Secondary timing chain is going out. 116,000 miles we should not have to replace this yet!!! we cannot drive the vehicle for fear of it messing up the entire engine. This is a $4,000 repair! many many many other Nissan owners are experiencing the same issue.

- Brevard, NC, USA

Jan 272016

Quest

While taking my son to school on 1-27-2016, my wife called me and said her car just quit and won't start. Luckily I was off work that day and was able to tow the minivan home. Thinking it was a minor issue we took it to a mechanic for repair. I expected them to change a fuel filter or maybe a fuel pump but I was shocked to hear that the timing chain had broken and is going to need major repair. At only 85000 miles this should not be an area of concern. After some research I've found many lawsuits against Nissan regarding this issue. Nissan knew about the problem but kept installing the faulty components. They have not issued any recalls and won't do anything to remedy the problem, even when I spent an extra 3500 dollars for the extended warranty. I realize there is naturally going to be problems with vehicle, but something of this magnitude is not what your thinking about with under 100,000 miles. For Nissan to be aware of the problem and not address or correct the fault is shameful. Not only did they not correct the problem, they kept knowingly using the faulty components for years. Our whole society seems to be relegated to cutting corners, at the expense of others, to get ahead; no matter what the consequences are.

- Great Falls, MT, USA

Oct 012015

Quest

A hose that moves antifreeze coolant into vehicle I believe to be caked a vacuum hose fell off causing coolant to leak out completely... in addition the vehicle accelerates for no reason and jerks.. I was told to replace ask motor mounts which I did and still issue persists.. now check engine light is on and stating the solenoids in transmission need to be replaced... van loses power unexpectedly.. this happens while driving mostly at low speeds

- Bronx, NY, USA

Oct 112015

Quest

Bought my 2007 Nissan Quest in 8/5/13 with the dealer convince my that the vehicle is good and inspected bumper to bumper, after driving for a few times, mileage was 73,000 and present is 83,000 miles, I started hearing noise coming from the timing compartment, I called nissanusa and informed them and they advs to take it in for inspection, they found that the guide for the timing chain system has broken and if not replace it will cause permanent damage to the engine and serious accident, so now I can't use the vehicle.

- Oakland, CA, USA

May 052015

Quest

This is by far the worst case of negligence I have witnessed from an automaker! again Nissan ignores and covers up a known problem. The timing chain żdeath rattleż is highly annoying and makes the owner feel as if the engine will żgoż at any minute. The fact that the repair/replacement cannot be performed without removing the engine from the car is appalling. The poor design on the tensioner guide is well document by Nissan and yet they continued to pass off inferior products to unsuspecting customers. Truly, truly disgusting behavior from an automaker. To ease their conscious they issues a tsb on the subject. What they need to do is issue an immediate recall on all vehicles affected. My dealer quoted me $2800 to fix this defect. $2800! $2800! are you serious? Nissan lack of consideration for the customer is inexcusable.

- Glen Burnie, MD, USA

Apr 082015

Quest

The pressure power steering hose develops a terrible leak. Eventually required a 1/2 bottle of ps fluid nearly every day! the problem is that the hose is "buried" behind the engine and extremely difficult to replace. A replacement hose is less than $100 but it takes multiple hours of pain and frustration to replace. This type of poor workmanship is totally unacceptable. The fact that it's so difficult to fix a known problem is unconscionable. Nissan should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of consumers. The leaked caused steering issues on numerouse occasions. It never failed completely due to the fact that I carried a gallon jug of ps fluid with me everywhere I went. Now, not only did it take me forever to repair this item, my driveway is an eyesore. Power steering fluid is a very caustic product and does not clean up therefore it has destroyed my driveway. IżM sorely disappointed.

- Glen Burnie, MD, USA

Sep 022015

Quest

When you start to take off at stop sign or red light the transmission jerks an knocks when it starts changing gears. An sometimes cuts the engine off sometimes inmiddle of traffic.

- Easley , SC, USA

Sep 252015

Quest

The transmission, engine mounts, exhaust and engine component was replaced by the dealer under an extended warranty. Most recently the transmission and engine mounts have malfunctioned again.

- Lake Elsinore, CA, USA

Jul 132015

Quest

Lately, when I start the car, there is a rattling sound coming from the engine. It comes for a couple of minutes and then it goes away. I have noticed it on cold starts. My mechanic says, it could be the timing chain issue. When I search the Nissan forums, I see a lot of people having this issue. The cost to fix this is around $2000. I am not sure if I should fix this now or wait for Nissan to issue a re-call for this. Since the rattling sound goes away after a couple of minutes, one part of me tells me I can continue to drive like this. Another part tells me what if the timing chain fails in a busy highway causing a crash. Please review and make Nissan issue a re-call for this safety issue.

- Centreville, VA, USA

Feb 232013

Quest

Tramission actually failed in Sept 2012 but I don't remember the milage or date... it sat not moving while we made the last 6 -payments on the car to get it payed off. It was very frustrating. It was fixed in Feb 2013 the trasnmission had to be rebuilt, it also got a brand new radiator I guess it hat a hole in it. Nissan has know abut the issues for a while but fails to be held accoutable for their faulty transmissions.

- Hesperia, CA, USA

May 012015

Quest

Transmissions gear slips and jerks unexpectedly. You never know when it will jerk when accelerating. Will probably need to rebuild the whole transmission that will cost plenty. Also dangerous for my family to drive.

- Oxnard, CA, USA