1.8

2010 Nissan Rogue engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Rogue:

2010 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Apr 032015

Rogue

Driving to the beach, about two hours in on the interstate going 70+, I noticed the car lagged after I stopped on an exit when I tried to accelerate at the light. Didn't think much of it and went on to get food. Then another hour later I felt my speed suddenly dropping. I was going 80 on cruise control and then dropped down to 70, even though I was pushing the accelerator to the floor. Luckily I had time to pull over to an exit, I waited about 15 mins and the car seemed fine. About another 45 minutes later, I was driving and trying to merge on 1-95, the ramp is a big curve so I had to slow down to about 40 mph, when I went to accelerate to merge, the car would not accelerate. A tractor trailer almost slammed into the back but luckily I pulled off the road just in time. But the place I had to pull over was unsafe and made it difficult to merge on the interstate safely, but I had no choice of where to pull over because I was just trying to not get hit. This car is extremely unsafe and now my parents worry about my safety anytime I need to travel in this car for over 2 hours.

- Marietta , GA, USA

Aug 092013

Rogue

My 2010 Nissan Rogue stopped accelerating properly on a highway. I could not properly merge into traffic. Very scary!!! I made it home and thought it was a fluke. It then began stalling periodically, and the acceleration issue continued. We needed a new transmission at 78K! flags forward 46K more miles on replaced transmission, ...the problem reappeared and was worse! Nissan won't replace this one and was very rude, unprofessional and won't semi the problem and serious safety issue. This was my third Nissan, but my other two were muranos and never had an issue. My experience here was so scary and so disappointing with Nissan dismissal of this serious issue that we will never buy another and will tell all our friends and family too. You should not buy from Nissan as they do not stand behind their products!

- Jackson, NJ, USA

May 162015

Rogue

While driving on the interstate at 75 mph on a hot day 90 degrees. I was using max A/C. car was fine and suddenly felt sluggish and wouldn't accelerate. I pulled off at next available exit, after a complete stop the car refused to move then suddenly accelerated slowly similar to when an abrupt brake is applies and car moves very slowly (extremely dangerous condition all the rouges have) I shut off the A/C and let car rest for 5 minutes then got back on the highway, although feeling sluggish I arrived at my destination. On my ride home several hours later I did not use A/C and outside temps had dropped to mid 70, the car appeared fine. I will note that this problem also occurred 2 years earlier in the summer of 2013 at 87,000 miles during another long highway trip driving in high temps. In this case I cancelled trip and brought car to the dealer after cool down period, the problem didn't present itself, no dash lights or codes same as previous. The dealer charged me $1800 to change dirty transmission fluid. Problem is back again at 112,000 miles. There is a serious problem with these cars that is "dangerous". had I needed to come to an abrupt stop on the highway I would not be able to move out of the way and as a separate issue when you abruptly brake the car can't get out of it's own way and has scared me several times.

- Carmel, NY, USA

May 162015

Rogue

Car failed to accelerate while on the highway going 70mph. This is a very dangerous, precarious place for Nissan to put drivers as they attempt to accelerate on the highway. This transmission problem is in need of a recall before lives are lost.

- Chicago, IL, USA

May 132015

Rogue

I bought this 2010 Nissan rougue 5 months back from carmax, lexington, ky. I travel frequently from lexington, ky to cary, nc and New York, NY every quarter. I used my son car Camry and rental cars( chevvy, Ford, Toyota and Nissan ultima), but never faced this problem. The problem is when once on highway I set the vehicle in cruise control for 72 mph, suddenly when the highway elevation starts to go up, the cruise control is dropped and the vehicle starts speed starts to slide up to 30...the elast it dropped is 29 mph, evwn while you are pressing accelerator ( infact it is floored ). then I stopped using cruise control, but for every elevation the problem persists, thias continues till I stopped getting high altitudes. Around lexington, ky where ever I go I hit mountains, so I started facing this problem, when ever I hit us 64 E, us 77N or S and us 75 N or S........yesterday my self, my wife and my daughter are coming home from New York to lexington, the problem started once it hits mountains and continues till weschester, ky whivh is 20 miles from lexington, ky. The drive of 12 hours, took absolutely 22 hrs with break for every 3 hrs ( break of 20 to 25 mts), other than breaks just imagine on highway the vehicle starts to drop the speed and what happens with vehicles behind you, even highly loaded trucks crossed us and drove comfortably.......it is a serious dangerous problem with Nissan rougue...to be rectified or fixing the problem. The same routes I drove in different vehicle as mentioned above even Nissan utima as rental car, no issues, but for this vehicle. Then online I found that mine is not the first or last vehicle, there are more Nissan Rogues like this. We need justice from the Nissan usa.

- Lexington, KY, USA

May 092015

Rogue

While the vehicle is setrup on cruise for 70 miles, suddenly the cruise coast was shoiu off and vehicle start going down, even while we press accelarator, no response. The accelerator was completly floored, but the vehicle slowed down till it reaches 35 mph. I stopped the vehicle on the side of highway and shutoff the vehicle for 15 mts and re started. It performed normally till high elevation came and then started the same issue, this time with out cruise control on. Like this it went on till I reach Pennsylvania state. This hsppend while I am traveling from lexington, ky to New York NY. It happened again while coming back, once I crossed Pennsylvania and reached us 68 Maryland and continued till I reach us 64 till weschester. This time me, my wife and my daughter are pannicked for every two or three hours and took break for 20 mts for every three hours. The total 12 hrs travell took 20 hrs for us to reach lexington, ky. 2010 Nissan rougue is only 5 months old, I bought it from carmax, lexington, ky. This I observed on highways and while going in elevations, if that is the case from lexington where ever I travel is always high elevations. Please give justice to us.

- Lexington, KY, USA

Apr 132015

Rogue

I was driving 80 mph with traffic on a heavily congested hwy - I-4 when the transmission stopped working. There had been a high pitched whine during the last hour of travel and the car just started decelerating. Air temperature outside was approx. 80 degrees. There was a smell possibly of leaking fluid. Took to dealer and there is a known transmission problem on Nissan vehicles with the cvt transmission causing them to overheat, etc. This should be a recall, not an extended warranty issue. This vehicle is 4 years old and should not have transmission failures. I was stuck on a highway in the middle of nowhere and it took 2 hours to get to a dealer which was one and a half hours away from home.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Aug 042014

Rogue 4-cyl

There is clearly an acceleration problem with the 2010 Nissan Rogue; over 900,000 people have complained and a recall has not been issued. It seems that the car has problems accelerating after it was stopped. It typically did this if you were either stopped on a hill or if you stopped after driving high speeds on the interstate. After several incidents over the course of 3 months (I purchased vehicle August 2014), the "service engine soon" light is now on. I have just a little over 38,000 miles on the vehicle. The loss of acceleration is dangerous for both exiting the interstate and turning right on red.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 012014

Rogue 4-cyl

Driving at highway speed, the vehicle would refuse to accelerate to pass a vehicle. Happened multiple times on a 1 hour road trip, causing near fatality as car would not accelerate up a hill and when in the course of passing a disabledvehicle, the car would not speed up enough to keep up with traffic speed in adjacent lane, causing driver behind vehicle to slam on brakes to avoid collision. The vehicle refused to accelerate the remainder of the trip (1 hour more) and engine light illuminated.

- Apo, AE, USA

Apr 072014

Rogue 4-cyl

Going at freeway speed...could not accelerate, neither to pass nor to recover from having to slow down for traffic. When pressing down the gas pedal, nothing happened: No acceleration and no increase in RPM. First time it happened, I was going up a hill. Now it happens any time I have been driving for 30 minutes or more, flat road or incline. The car does fine initially and during normal stop and go city driving for short durations. Thought perhaps it was a clogging in fuel injectors, so cleaned them out to no avail. Dealer says they "can find nothing wrong." This is a dangerous flaw that needs to be corrected by Nissan!!!!

- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA

Aug 302014

Rogue 4-cyl

Loss of power going up hills.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jul 132014

Rogue 4-cyl

I was at the speed of 65 mph and when climbing hill the speed drops down to 40 mph.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jul 242014

Rogue

The vehicle hesitates while in reverse and also in drive when accelerating causing a delay within the traffic intersections and while driving on hills. Dealer was unable to find codes and unable to duplicate the problem. The problem is intermittent. It happens when engine is warm goes away after cooling down.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Jun 152014

Rogue 4-cyl

My daughter and I were returning home driving on interstate hwy when car suddenly and unexpectedly loss acceleration in heavy traffic on interstate, going from 75-80 mph to 50-60 mph within a minute causing braking and swerving of cars behind us because we were in left lane and could not get over. Seemed to occur on upward incline of road. Took car to Nissan dealership because warranty is still in effect, and was told that their diagnoses showed no problem with the transmission. Service manager told me he knew of some problems with transmissions, but could not make repairs unless corporate Nissan reimbursed them. I was basically told to drive the car until it "broke' and then they could fix it. I am afraid to drive car on interstate now- fear deadly crash.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Jun 222014

Rogue 4-cyl

Is Nissan the next Toyota?? we were pulling out of a shopping center and the vehicle failed to properly accelerate. The gas pedal was pushed to the floor, acceleration was at minimum and the rpms revved up extremely high. Thank goodness no one hit us. Finally, the gear caught and all was well. It seemed like the transmission may have slipped. Then we got to my parents' home and parked. Then we went to move out of park and the gears wouldn't change (automatic cvt transmission). We had the vehicle towed to the nearest certified Nissan repair facility. In the meanwhile, I located information on Nissan's website regarding the warranty on the transmission and found that Nissan extended the warranty from 5 years/60,000 miles to 10 years/120,000 miles for 'customer satisfaction' purposes and here is the information about that www.nissanassist.com/web/cvt/programdetails.php"menu=9 and the vehicles that are included in the issue are located here www.nissanassist.com/web/cvt/vehicles.php?menu=11 so the dealership calls us on June 23 to advise they could not replicate the issue with the transmission and the problem with getting the vehicle out of park was an electronic issue. I am not a mechanic but it does seem strange that we would have experienced the first issue, then the vehicle wouldn't come out of park" I spoke with regional specialists at Nissan North America and was told that if the mechanics cannot replicate, then no repair will be authorized under the warranty and that the likely cause of my issue was dirty transmission fluid. I feel this is a huge safety issue because if you pull out into traffic, expecting your vehicle to go and it doesn't, someone is eventually going to get seriously injured!

- Stafford, VA, USA

Apr 272012

Rogue

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle decelerated. The failure would occur intermittently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where they refused to service the vehicle due to the mileage being over 80,000. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic where it was diagnosed that the catalytic converter needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

Jun 082014

Rogue 4-cyl

As we accelerated the car began to jerk. After a few miles the car slowed down in speed and would not go passed 40mph. The car was set to 70mph on cruise control then it dropped speed and would not accelerate causing me to get off of highway right away. This is not the first time this has happened. It has been taken to Nissan dealership to fix the problem but this time it's worse.

- Nashville, TN, USA

May 072014

Rogue

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the cruise control was set at 75 mph when the vehicle independently decelerated to 10 mph without warning. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer to have a diagnostic performed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 104,000.

- Moutn Sterling , KY, USA

Dec 022013

Rogue

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that while driving 70 mph, the vehicle suddenly accelerated to 90 mph. The contact applied the brakes but to no avail. The contact then removed the key from the ignition and applied the brakes, and the vehicle began to decelerate. The contact took the vehicle the dealer for a diagnostic test where it was advised that the power train was defective. The dealer replaced the power train but the repair did not remedy the failure. The contact was awaiting further diagnosis of the failure. The failure mileage was 55,000. The VIN was not available.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Dec 012013

Rogue

After driving vehicle for about an hour, car would not accelerate. Gas pedal would be pushed all the way to the floor and RPM's would not exceed 3000rpm. When foot was taken off of the accelerator and pushed back to floor board, RPM's would increase to 3000 and then decrease back down to 2500 RPM. Vehicle would start to decrease in speed even though gas pedal was pressed all the way down.

- Richardson, TX, USA