2014 Nissan Rogue electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Rogue:

2014 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

May 312014

I have qty 2, 2014 Nissan Rogues, both have the $1420 navigation system and neither of them work. The directions are not accurate and can be off by miles, or just out of the area altogether. It will not display sub streets and just tells you to get to a main road. The nav, radio and control module reboots often. I have had the dealer look at it and in one of them they upgraded the maps data file, this did not help. I do not use the navigation at all and have resorted to my old garmin, windshield mount, which works perfectly. Nissan should have just embedded a garmin in their dash. Total waste of money 5N1at2mtxec794681 & 5N1at2mt9ec818386

- Gold Canyon, AZ, USA

Sep 152014

I purchased my 2014 Rogue from bates Nissan in killeen, tx on 9/4/14 and from the start on the full tank of gas given to me when I purchased the vehicle, the engine would stall at stop lights/stop signs and going around corners. When I called the bates Nissan service department, they told me that I was using the wrong type of gas, that I needed to use premium. We then started bringing it to the next closest dealership, garlyn shelton Nissan in temple, tx. We have brought it there a total of five times now, even leaving it overnight several times. They say that they cannot duplicate the vehicle stalling while it is there and therefore can do nothing. I provided them with codes that I had my stepfather pull off the vehicle after it stalled in my parents driveway, but Nissan said that they cannot use those. The only option that they give me is to leave the vehicle where it is when it stalls and have it towed to the dealership without restarting it so they can read the codes that way. This is impossible because it is unsafe for me to leave my vehicle in the middle of very busy city streets until a tow truck can come. It never stalls just sitting somewhere convenient. Nissan did allow some testing to be done this time, but gave me the vehicle back saying that everything was fine.

- Killeen, TX, USA

Feb 022016

I want Nissan to buy it back because of the all recalls and under the lemon law.

- Wadesboro, NC, USA

Apr 162014

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Rogue. While the vehicle was stationary, it vibrated and stalled without warning. The vehicle was able to restart after numerous attempts. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 3,000.

- Middlesboro, KY, USA

Sep 232014

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Rogue. While driving at 40 mph, the tuning signals remained activated and a low abnormal noise was coming from the vehicle. The failure occurred multiple times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 500.

- Woodburn, OR, USA

Jan 072015

While driving on the highway at 70 mph, the vehicle made a very loud "clunking" noise and started descending rapidly, I was able to get over to the breakdown lane, the error message that came on was "emission system error" I was instructed by the owners manual to check the fuel door to see if it was open, it was not, they also said that it may be that there was under 3 gallons of fuel in the tank which there was not. The manual also stated that it was okay to drive the vehicle at 45 mph, when I started the vehicle again, another error message came on when I tried to go, it stated "chassis system error". I took it to the dealer, darlings Nissan, they hooked up to the computer, they cannot re-create the issue, yet the service department has told me that it is not safe, that they do not want me back in my vehicle until they have found something, they have had my car for over 2 weeks with nothing being found. They are having a regional tech come to test drive extensively to see if he can find something. I have read all the numerous complaints on this vehicle and I have come to one conclusion, Nissan does not make a good quality product and I am sorry I ever switched from my Explorer to this horrible contraption of a car.

- Old Town, ME, USA

May 102014

Vehicle suffers loss of power when pulling out from a dead stop into traffic and may hesitate several seconds before regaining acceleration. When it does this, it will then at times continue revving the engine to extreme rpms and will not reduce rpms to the normal as it should, placing the vehicle in neutral will allow the rpms to lower and placing the vehicle into gear again it will drive normal. There are no failures being shown in the computer diagnostics when checked by dealer, and nothing is failing. No set time frame or pattern related to this issue, may do it several times in a row and then not for several hundred miles after. There is no warning or feel that this is about to happen.

- Cleona, PA, USA

Aug 242014

I was driving at about 75 mph in va on hills when the lights on the dashboard blacked out. I could not see the rpms, actual speed I was going as the speedometer and central panel that displays the mileage drive were all black. I started to panic thinking the car had just shut down - I cannot recall if the radio panel was also off. My instinctive response was to step on the gas to see if the car was running to which I felt the car speed up but I still could not see anything on the dash. I subsequently pulled over and shut off the car. The dashboard lights and readings were visible when I started up the car. In hindsight, the dash had appeared to flicker earlier in the drive but I thought it was just my visual angle from looking down through my bifocals. I reported it to my dealer to have it checked under warranty. The dealer's staff noted they could not recreate the problem and noted to bring it back when the problem was occurring, if it recurred. Not sure if they really tested it as the maintenance was done in less than two hours which also included an oil change and tire rotation.

- East Aurora, NY, USA

Jul 312014

Vehicle was being parked. As driver applied brakes, vehicle accelerated forward, jumping sidewalk curb and collided with tree at approximately 10mph. Engine continued to run, driver managed to gear to reverse and backed vehicle away from tree, off the sidewalk, back over the curb, and into parking slip. The manual supplied with the vehicle claims that it is equipped with event data recorder capable of storing information prior to and during an accident. Dealership claims the vehicle is not.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Jul 282014

Rogue 4-cyl

Clicked on the keyless off/on button while in "drive" when parking car. The car, at a alarming rate of speed started going backwards. I duplicated this action for my husband who thought I must have had the car in "natural" the car again started going backwards. Both events when performed on flat land.

- Sioux Falls, SD, USA

Mar 032014

Rogue 4-cyl

2014 Nissan Rogue has a possible ignition switch issue. When vehicle ignition switch is shut-off, all electrical systems, radio, lights etc., locks fail to either shutdown completely and electric locks disengage. This may lead to further issue such as in the GM faulty ignition switch issue and the subsequent loss of life. Nissan company has been told, but fail to acknowledge the potentially dangerous issue.

- Snellville, GA, USA

Mar 242014

Rogue 4-cyl

Im driving in the freeway and it show the warning left side passenger door is open and the locking system start engaging on & off and light inside on & off also.

- San Gabriel, CA, USA

Jan 122014

Rogue 4-cyl

On Sunday January 11th, 2014, my family and I were on our way home. After stopping at a service station my husband pulled onto the highway and was accelerating to the appropriate speed and the car just got stuck at 6500 RPM's and 60 mph. It stayed that way for about 5 miles, we could slow down but the RPM's were still stuck at 6500 and the engine was making a horrible sound, the car would not accelerate and several times we had to ride the shoulder of the road. When we finally reached the road we live off of my husband was able to slow down and turn while turning the awful noise got a little lower but a new noise was heard, a whining sound. After turning, the car lost all gas, nothing happened when the accelerator was pushed and then finally it started to go again. We arrived at our home my husband opened the hood and told me to press the accelerator a little and then he saw small puffs of smoke. I smelled something like burning rubber while sitting in the drivers seat and my husband said he smelled something sweet under the hood. This car was bought brand new on January 4th, 2014, it had 25 miles when purchased. The mileage on January 11th was around 500. This is a dangerous vehicle, I am waiting on the dealership to call and let me know what they find.

- Molino, FL, USA