6.6

2014 Nissan Rogue fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Rogue:

2014 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 092014

Rogue

Purchased 2014 Rogue select in concord, nc, July 2014. Vehicle wouldn't start, about 4 months after purchased, used jumpers to get started at home. Then another time I had to use jumper cable to get it started, after I left walmart. Had walmart car dept. To check my vehicle. I had a neighbor look at it, problem was probably fuel line. I fill tank up, and will only display between 100-180 miles, before having to refuel. But, shows that the tank is filled. Never received a recall letter, regardless that I moved. Sad that I never received a notice regardless that I moved, no excuse. At all. If they can send me emails a lot, then I expect I notice. Come on Nissan, do your part and acknowledge our vehicles. I paid good money for my Rogue. I will remember when I purchase another vehicle, and it won't be a Nissan. I will go with Toyota, since they acknowledge there problems, when they arise, and have no problem fixing them. That's how Nissan is going to lose consumers, by not standing by there product.

- Salisbury, NC, USA

Sep 152014

Rogue

I purchased my 2014 Rogue from bates Nissan in killeen, tx on 9/4/14 and from the start on the full tank of gas given to me when I purchased the vehicle, the engine would stall at stop lights/stop signs and going around corners. When I called the bates Nissan service department, they told me that I was using the wrong type of gas, that I needed to use premium. We then started bringing it to the next closest dealership, garlyn shelton Nissan in temple, tx. We have brought it there a total of five times now, even leaving it overnight several times. They say that they cannot duplicate the vehicle stalling while it is there and therefore can do nothing. I provided them with codes that I had my stepfather pull off the vehicle after it stalled in my parents driveway, but Nissan said that they cannot use those. The only option that they give me is to leave the vehicle where it is when it stalls and have it towed to the dealership without restarting it so they can read the codes that way. This is impossible because it is unsafe for me to leave my vehicle in the middle of very busy city streets until a tow truck can come. It never stalls just sitting somewhere convenient. Nissan did allow some testing to be done this time, but gave me the vehicle back saying that everything was fine.

- Killeen, TX, USA

Feb 262016

Rogue

Our Rogue would not start. The mechanic said it was a fuel pump problem. We called Nissan and they said there was a recall for 2014 Nissan Rogue due to fuel pump failures, but that mine was not included in that. I did keep the old fuel pump.

- Cripple Creek, CO, USA

Feb 022016

Rogue

I want Nissan to buy it back because of the all recalls and under the lemon law.

- Wadesboro, NC, USA

Dec 132015

Rogue

My 2014 Rogue died on the road traveling 30-35 mph. This occurred around 11/16/15. The dealer replaced the fuel pump because it was part of a recall campaign that I was never notified about by email or any other way about the recall. When I got the car back the dealer told me it would smell like gasoline inside for 2 days. (this was very worrisome for me) about 5 weeks later I was traveling at about 55 mph on route 90 West of cleveland and the car died again the same way. The car was towed to the dealer and they returned it the next day claiming there may have been some residue in the tank from the failed fuel pump before. I am upset because I was never notified about the recall in the first place and Nissan left me driving a car that they knew would fail. The next issue os that the car failed again the second time and I was not given a reason for the failure the second time and because of that I am concerned this may occur again.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Nov 012014

Rogue

Very sluggish when accelerating. Very dangerous when merging into traffic on highways and parkways

- Levittown, NY, USA

Mar 312015

Rogue

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Rogue. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V197000 (fuel system, gasoline). However, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Nov 092015

Rogue

I was driving the vehicle at 45 mph, when the stirring wheel and breaks locked and the vehicle came to a complete stop in the middle of rush during large amounts of traffic. The vehicle's windows would not go down and the vehicle would not start back up. When the I tried to start it back up the engine would shake erratically and make a loud noise. The vehicle had power but you couldn't lock it, or roll any windows or turn off the hazard lights.

- Pasadena, TX, USA

Apr 282015

Rogue

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Rogue. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V197000 (fuel system, gasoline). The dealer stated that the part was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time to provide the part. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Shakopee, MN, USA

Jun 092015

Rogue

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Rogue. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V197000 (fuel system, gasoline); however, the vehicle was not repaired since it had not experienced the failure listed in the recall. The part was unavailable. The contact had not notified the manufacturer or experienced a failure.

- Glen Rock, NJ, USA

Jun 282015

Rogue

While at a stop light the car shut down and would not start. Dealership diagnosed the problem as a bad fuel pump.

- Arvada, CO, USA

May 012015

Rogue

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Rogue. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V197000 (fuel system, gasoline); however, the part needed to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Apr 202015

Rogue

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Rogue. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V197000 (fuel system, gasoline) and stated that the part was not available to schedule a recall repair within a reasonable timeframe. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Westerville, OH, USA

Jun 012015

Rogue

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Rogue. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V1970000 (fuel pump); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was unavailable. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Apr 162015

Rogue

I was driving my new Nissan Rogue and stopped at a stop sign. My car than stalled and would not start again. It was towed and is being worked on as we speak for apparently a defected fuel pump. With that said I googled for recalls and this article popped up to inform the owners of the recall. I'm just glad we did not get hurt do to the defected part. Apparently the recalls did not get mailed out yet.this whole experience could have resulted in a accident.

- Hackensack, NJ, USA

Apr 102015

Rogue

I was driving on interstate 80 at between 65 and 70 mph in heavy traffic when the car suddenly lost power and quit on me. I had to pull off into the median shoulder of a very busy interstate. I luckily did not get rear-ended since there were cars right behind me as a figured out that I was losing power fast. I did hear on the radio 4 hours earlier that 2014 Nissan Rogue's were being recalled for fuel pump. I had it towed to the dealer where I purchased it not even a year ago. I purchased it the end of September 2014. They thankfully replaced the fuel pump at no charge because it was under warranty. I was told that my vehicle was not in the recall batch. I want this investigated because I think it does need to be included in the recall. It was determined that it was the fault of the fuel pump that made my car suddenly stop. Carousel Nissan did everything from their end for me. I had my car back by late morning on April 11, 2015. Since this happened to me and I got lucky that it didn't cause an accident. I think there may be a wider recall needed.

- West Branch, IA, USA

Mar 162015

Rogue

We brought our 2014 Nissan Rogue in to repair 3/23/2015 with a serious acceleration issue. The dealer is, vero us 1 Nissan/ Hyundai, were we originally bought the car. The problem is at will the car shutters and looses speed when accelerated. Nissan claims they can not re create the problem and all computer test are negative to any problems. Today I filed a case with Nissan North America. I was informed that there is a fuel pump campaign for all 2014 Rogues manufactured in smyrna, tenn. Between the dates of 6/11/13 to 6/7/2014. My Rogue was manufactured 3/3/2014. Nissan us 1 knows nothing of this recall. We were told the problem was fixed upon pick 3/27/2014. Unfortunately, the problem persists and represents a very significant danger to operation. It is an intermittent problem but when it occurs the car shakes violently and does not accelerate properly when the accelerator is depressed. This could cause a major accident. We live in a subdivision for which the exit requires us to cross us 1. imagine if the car decided to fail to accelerate across us 1 and my wife and kids were struck by oncoming traffic! I have read about these issues on various Nissan sites, cvt troubles and fuel pump/ problems. It is a well documented and know problems for Nissan vehicles.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Jun 212014

Rogue

I drove 10 miles and shut the car off for an hour then got back in and entered the freeway to go home. I drove a couple miles and lost acceleration. At 70 miles an hour on the freeway my car was actively decelerating while I was pushing the gas pedal. I let off not knowing what was happening and the car seemed to accelerate some or coasted more freely. I stepped on the gas and the car slowed down again. I repeated this a couple times before deciding I had to put hazards on and pull over. I am so grateful I didn't get rear ended as I had slowed down rapidly with out any break lights to warn others. When I pulled over and put it in park the check engine light (malfunction light) and also the power steering light came on. It was towed and held overnight until it could be towed to the dealership (apparently nothing can be dropped off when they are closed).

- Hugo, MN, USA

Feb 012014

Rogue

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that while driving various speeds, the fuel gauge and engine warning indicators illuminated. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, who was unable to duplicate the problem. The technician then tightened the fuel tank cap and the fuel gauge indicator was no longer illuminated. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 132,000.

- Doral, FL, USA