6.6

2014 Nissan Rogue fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Rogue:

2014 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 202016

Rogue

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Rogue. While driving 15 mph, the fuel pump came apart which caused the vehicle to stall without warning. The vehicle was taken to be repaired, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 42,000.

- Franklin, PA, USA

May 302016

Rogue

This vehicle was recalled in May 2016 (recall 16V149) I have been told that parts to replace the fuel pump are still not available. This is potentially dangerous according to the letter from Nissan. Shouldn't the maker of a defective vehicle have to adhere to some reasonable timeline to fix the problem?

- Chapel Hill, NC, USA

Apr 092016

Rogue

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Rogue. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V149000 (fuel system, gasoline); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- La Mesa, CA, USA

Sep 202016

Rogue

Vehicle has a recall for the fuel pump. Vehicle has been idling rough for over 18 months. I contacted 3 Nissan dealers about the recall. Dealer 1: I don't have any confidence in their service dept that they would do the repairs that they say they would do. Dealer 2: didn't think they would be able to get a new fuel pump. They suggested turning off the air conditioner to "fix" the rough idling. Dealer 3: said it would take 2 to 6 weeks (the end of October) to get a fuel pump. In the recall notice from Nissan they said the fueld pump would be available in August 2016. The vehicle still has a rough idle and it idles very erratically at times. It doesn't make any difference if the air conditioner is on or off. I need help getting Nissan to replace the fuel pump on my vehicle.

- Fort Smith, AR, USA

Mar 222016

Rogue

Nissan dealer contacted me over 3 months ago. To tell me there was problem. But have yet to do anything

- Elmira, NY, USA

Jul 252016

Rogue

Gas cap is loose, or damaged check engine light is on I took my to East valley Nissan 6354 E test dr, mesa, AZ 85206 (480) 324-8800 never fixed the problem my car check engine light is on since 7/25/16 also report to Nissan North America my car is not safe to drive.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Jun 232016

Rogue

I received a letter from Nissan letting me know my car was in a recall due to a deffective fuel pump. They advise me to go to the dealership when I purchase the vehicle that the part will be change and they will take care of the cost. I took the car to auto nation Nissan dallas, I was told the part was not available, that they will call me when arrives. Two weeks passed, no call. I called the dealer and was told that Nissan was withholding the part. This was 5 weeks ago, today 8/4/16 I called back to the dealer and was told that Nissan has a back order. That is unacceptable, we are driving defective vehicles and not one is doing anything to help. I need to use my vehicle to go to work everyday, I don't have any other form of transportation. I am putting my life in danger everyday thanks to the lack of responsibility from Nissan

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jun 242016

Rogue

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Rogue. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V149000 (fuel system, gasoline); however, the part to do the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

May 272016

- Bessemer, AL, USA

Jul 152016

Rogue

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Rogue. The contact received notification over a year ago of NHTSA campaign number: 15V197000 (fuel system, gasoline); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 09/28/16

- Dinuba, CA, USA

May 152016

Rogue

Rec'vd notice of NHTSA recall 16V-149 in early to mid May 2016. With 1st call to dealer, they had no information on the recall. Upon 2nd call on 5/31 dealer claimed to be waiting for parts and would call me. Upon 3rd call on 6/27, dealer again reported that Nissan still has not supplied the required parts to correct defect.

- Wilmington, NC, USA

Jun 202016

Rogue

I have tried unsuccessfully to have the recalled fuel pump replaced and have been told for over a month it is not available. This in spite of the fact that the recall clearly states if it fails at highway speed it could result in a severe accident. I am a 100% disabled vet and could not deal with such an accident, nor should I have my life or that of my wife put in danger when the dealer could easily remove a new fuel pump from one of the vehicles they have and install it in mine. This is clearly "reckless disregard for human life and safety", and I would like your office to take all steps necessary to remedy this situation. Recall # 16V-149

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

May 282016

Rogue

"takata recall" I received the recall notice a month ago and the same day I contacted the dealer ship, I was told that they will order the part and call me w/in a week and since I didn't hear anything after a week I called and made the appt for the following Saturday 5/28/16 I took the SUV and an hour later I was told by kevin grubic that the SUV had 3 recalls in total including the gas pump issue however they dint fixed that one because the pump that they use it didn't work and that I will have to bring the SUV again its been 2 weeks and I keep calling and the rep hector keep telling me that the part hasn't arrive and I told him that I will do the complain and he says you can do it if you want. I don't feel safe driving the SUV due of that issue and I feel that I am putting my life and family life in danger which is not good for something that im paying on time. I also bring the recall paper and they took the bottom part

- Lakewood Ranch, FL, USA

Jun 152016

Rogue

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Rogue. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V149000 (fuel system, gasoline); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Union, KY, USA

Apr 032015

Rogue

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Rogue. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V197000 (fuel system, gasoline); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Coventry, CT, USA

Mar 282016

Rogue

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the dealer was unable to supply the parts within a reasonable time frame for NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V149000 (fuel system, gasoline), 16V219000 (structure), and 16V244000 (air bags). The dealer scheduled an appointment and then canceled the appointment months ago. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Mentor, OH, USA

May 172016

Rogue

I received notice of a recall concerning a defect with the fuel tank that could cause the car to stall. I brought my car in to the Nissan in boardman, oh on May 17th to have the issue addressed. They told me they needed to order parts for it, and that would take approximately 1-2 weeks to come in. It has been over 3 weeks now, so I called to check the status. They said the parts were back ordered, and that they would not have it in until mid July. They insisted there was no real danger and told me to continue driving it.

- Struthers, OH, USA

Jun 042016

Rogue

I previously put a complaint in, no one contacted me. I was told by Nissan representative they will not cover the problem (06/04/2016). I've taken my vehicle to two other Nissan dealers and they stated there is a serious problem with the car, but, were I purchased my vehicle at told me I was heavy on the gas, that if there was a recall on my car parts, the number stamped to that part, would of flagged my car. What nonsense. Well, here's the pictures that I'm uploading. The fuel tank didn't even come on even at 1 mile left to gas station. Like I said I bought my vehicle in concord, nc. (modern Nissan of concord). I would like Nissan to step up to the plate and correct these problems. It's not good customer service, and word will get around. I don't promote Nissan or my Rogue anymore. Due to poor service, and not taking care of the consumers complaints and fixing the problems. Please read all the complaints about the Rogues, Nissan, doesn't stand behind there brand, because if they did, we wouldn't be online complaining. I expect the NHTSA, to do investigations on our complaints, so far no one contacted me. I say there is computer software glitch, if the gas tank doesn't illuminate. Also, the gear shift, only illuminate when it wants too !!I guess they will back up Nissan and not remedy the problems. I'm about to call the local T.V. station and have them investigate, and get some answers from Nissan, why they aren't taking care of the consumers.

- Salisbury, NC, USA

May 152016

Rogue

The contact owns a 2014 Nissan Rogue. While driving 70 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact was unable to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the sending unit in the fuel pump needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired due to part unavailability. The vehicle was previously repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 16V149000 (fuel system, gasoline). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 18,600.

- Monroe, MI, USA

Apr 232016

Rogue

Fuel pump failed leading to stall on busy interstate, creating a safety risk for 3 passengers in the vehicle. Nissan failed to notify me ahead of time that the fuel pump failure was under active recall - I could have had it repaired ahead of time. As it turned out, the stall occurred over 375 miles from my home, and forced me to overnight in monroe la, including hotel and rental car costs - as I had to abandon my car there while they waited to obtain a replacement fuel pump. Nissan could have alert me and I could have proactively replaced the defective fuel pump, but they did not despite my using the Nissan dealer for routine oil changes. Neither dealer nor corporation notified me of the safety risk or recall. The failure has so far incurred direct costs to me in excess of $1000 plus loss of two days of my time, and the near miss risk safety event for 3 persons. I am very unhappy with the vehicle and with the corporation.

- Katy, TX, USA