2013 Nissan Sentra drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Sentra:

2013 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 032014

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated that the TPMS warning light kept illuminating intermittently. The contact constantly had to check the tire pressure. Although the dealer reset the code, the failure recurred for longer than six weeks. The contact stated that at least three or more times, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact was able to coast the vehicle over to the side of the road the second time the failure recurred, but there was a strong hesitation as if the vehicle may stall again. The vehicle was taken to the authorized dealer who diagnosed that the transmission needed to be replaced several times. The dealer replaced the transmission three times and indicated that it needed to be replaced a fourth time. The contact was concerned that the failure may recurr intermittently even if the transmission was replaced again. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 17,000.

- Pasadena, CA, USA

Feb 272015

As I was driving my car began to jerk. I could not gain any speed and almost cause two accidents because of the way it jerked.

- Coachella, CA, USA

Dec 202014

Sentra 4-cyl

I previously filed complaint, but was now told by the dealership that after the manifold was replaced, that the transmission also needed to be replaced. More waiting time, more unanswered phone calls, more poor service from the dealership. The Sentra broke down on 12/20/14 and I'll finally be able to pick up my car on 1/24/15. NHTSA id number: 10672846 summary: My wife was driving on interstate 15 as we left san diego, California. In the car was my adult daughter and my two granddaughters, ages 1 1/2 and 10 months. I was ahead of her in our Nissan pathfinder. She called my phone and said that the car RPM's were fluctuating and that the car wasn't going to make it home to twentynine palms. We pulled off the freeway in escondido. I checked the Sentra and found that in idle and park that the engine ran fine. When I drove the car, it was lurching like the transmission wasn't shifting correctly. After checking the engine compartment, I drove to a well lite parking lot and while the family ate, I called aaa and had the Sentra towed to mossy Nissan of escondido. On Monday the 22nd, my wife called mossy Nissan and told them what happened. They called her back saying that it wasn't the transmission, that a sensor had been taken off of the manifold by her husband or our mechanic. She assured them that since the car was only 13 months old and under warranty, no mechanic had worked on the car and that I had only done the oil changes, but had not worked on the engine. Mossy Nissan said that they would not honor the warranty since the sensor in the manifold was removed. They referred me to Nissan usa, which said the same thing; that since the sensor was missing, they had nothing to turn in for warranty, so they would not honor the warranty.

- Twentynine Palms, CA, USA

Dec 162014

Sentra 4-cyl

The car when is in a complete stop, makes a laud sound. The vehicle does not want to come out of gear. The shifter get lock, it gets really hard to change the gears from (P to D) is has happen multiple time more than 30 times. I went to planet Nissan on centennial blvd, las vegas nv, the first time late December I show the worker. I show him a video of the problem, the video you can hear and see when the drive handle gets stuck or lock. He told me that the car should not make that sound, and he order the part for it (the shifter).he said yes and he schedule a appointment for 1/21/15 8:00. When I pick my car up, I went home and park my car in the driveway it made the sound again, then I park the car in the street, and then made the sound again and the drive handle got lock. I had to take the car back test drive it with the worker and he said it was normal. That all cars make that sound when they are park in a hill. I told him my driveway is not a hill and the street where I park my car everyday is not a hill, where I park at work is not a hill, I was unhappy and I don't feel safe driving this car, I don't know what to do at this point. They don't want to take the car for service because they don't see a visible problem or they never found a problem when they replace the shifter and verified the fix. My sister has the same car just 2014 one year difference and she parks her car in the drive way all the time and is fine. I fell like is the transmission or gears I don't know. My car is in the warranty I even pay extra 1 year warranty. This people just give me the turn around and they don't want to check my car. I don't know what to do, why" why? are they not fixing this problem. What can I do? I know this car has a problem and they refuse to help me. My car has only 13752 miles. Please help what can I do"

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

Dec 242013

My 2013 Nissan has 75,000 highway miles. I've had no issues with the car until christmas eve. Driving home from work when my car started running rough, it didn't seem to have any pick up. I pulled into the closest Nissan dealership to find out I had transmission failure and that my warranty had just ran out..I am looking into this a bit more because this transmission is not used in the 2014 or 15 model.

- North Conway, NH, USA

Nov 242014

Sentra 4-cyl

Vehicle turns off by itself while driving, transmission needs to be replaced, and a lot of issues with the engine.

- Laredo, TX, USA

Jul 192014

Sentra 4-cyl

Purchased the car in November 2013, driving the highway, as we exit the highway, we had to stop for the red light, once the light change to green, hit the green pedal and the car would not move. Had to think quickly so I shut car off, then turned it back on, pressed the gas pedal, but there was no get up and go. The car crept very slowly. Was able to make it across the road to the gas station, turned the car off allowed it to set for 15 minutes turned car back on still was driving at less than 20 miles per hour. Car was done, there was a hotel the street from the gas station was able to push it over there. Knew we had to figure out what to do. Called trip a to have the car towed to faulkner Nissan on paxton St. In harrisburg pa since it was after 5pm on a Saturday, they were closed, and closed all day on Sunday. Had to get a cab to the harrisburg airport to get a rental car, no way to get back home or to work. Paid $355 for a 7 day rental. Received a called from faulkner Nissan Monday after having a service technician check it, he said the transmission died. Brand new car, faulkner wants to replace it with a rebuilt transmission, questions is will that one break down on me as well. Today is Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014, still no word on the status of car.

- East Haven, CT, USA

Apr 082014

Sentra 4-cyl

While supposedly "stopped" at a red light, I realized I was rolling forward with the brake depressed. I pressed the brake pedal to the floor and the car stopped. When I accelerated ever so slightly, the car bucked and jolted forward. I slowed to a stopped with barely there brakes, put the car in park and pumped up the brakes, raising the pedal. This seemed to temporarily help, but the pedal went to the floor again the next time attempted to stop. Car is at the dealership now. I am awaiting their call.

- Phillipsburg, NJ, USA

Dec 282013

Sentra 4-cyl

I only had my car for about 10 months. I keep my car updated with the maintenance. I drove to las vegas, Nevada Friday afternoon. My car was running great I get to las vegas Nevada I here this loud grinding crinkly noise coming from my engine or transmission. I take it to planet Nissan in las vegas Nevada. They took forever to even take me as a customer. Then they come out and say you are not eligible for a rental and your transmission went out. They proceeded to tell me that I will be responsible for the car as far as picking it up when its fixed. This is the worst experience I had with cars. This is the third time something bad happens to this car and its supposed to be brand new. I bought it with 32 miles on it. Mind you all this was on a trip I took to vegas with my family. My two year old son was drained from this experience having to spend 6 hours at planet Nissan. They even try selling me a another new Sentra.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Mar 082013

Sentra 4-cyl

I was waiting at a red light to make a left turn. Once the light turned green and I stepped on the accelerator, the car started to jerk and lost power. It did not turn completely off but it would not drive. I had to put my hazard lights on to avoid being rear ended by the vehicle directly behind me that was also making a left turn. I owned the car for less than 24 hours at that point. It only had 152 miles on the odometer. The dealership sent a tow. The diagnosis was that the software needed to be updated. I don't understand how Nissan can sell a car that isn't properly programmed" why wasn't the programming checked prior to me driving it off the lot" I will drive it for a few days to see if it happens again.

- Temple Hills , MD, USA