9.5

$2,900.00

1. replace rear end (2 reports)
  2. contacted nissan corp they will do nothing 2 help w/ repair (1 reports)
  3. dealer replaced rear end (1 reports)
2004 Nissan Titan drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Titan:

2004 Nissan Titan Owner Comments

Mar 152011

Titan LE 5.6L

Purchased my 2004 Titan used from the dealer and within 6 months the rear differential failed. I approached the dealer and Nissan to find out that they wouldn't honor the repair because I was 1,000 kms over the warranty and that I did purchase it used. Along with that a replacement would be $4,100.00 before tax and installation. I was also told that I wouldn't be able order parts anywhere because the rear end came in one whole piece only. Well my best friend of 40 yrs is a class A mechanic and was able to order all the guts and installed for $2,500.00.

I will not have any of my vehicles serviced by this dealer ever again as I can see just how crooked they really are passing the buck onto the consumer for their inferior product. I can't believe I was told you can't order parts that the whole rear differential needed to be replaced.

- , Sudbury, ON, Canada

Aug 012012

Titan L.E 5.6L

NISSAN REALLY NEEDS TO TAKE CARE THIS PROBLEM, REAR END IS NOT SAFE FOR PULLING

- , Cocoa, FL, USA

Jul 152011

Titan

WE PURCHASED THE VEHICLE IN 3/11. ON 7/15/11 THE REAR END WENT OUT. SINCE THEN I HAVE CONTACTED NISSAN CORP. 2 SEE IF THEY WOULD HELP WITH THE PROBLEM SINCE THERE HAS BEEN SO MANY ISSUES WITH THE 04 05 06. WELL TODAY IS 8/5/11 THEY FINALLY GOT BACK AND SAID TOO BAD OUT OF WARRANTY, AFTER THEY MADE US TAKE IT TO A DEALER TO HAVE IT LOOKED AT AND IT IS STILL THERE WITH A PENDING BILL. A COWORKER HAS THE SAME YEAR AND MODEL AND SAME THING HAPPENED AND THEY REPAIRED IT LAST YEAR. SO BUYER BEWARE IF YOU CHOSE TO PURCHASE A 04 05 06 NISSAN TITAN SURF THE WEB AND BEWARE, THERE ARE CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS AND YOUR ARE TO REPORT THIS TO THE NHTSA.

- , Muncy, PA, USA

Aug 272008

Titan LE 5.6L V8

My Titan's rear end starting making a clunking noise during normal driving, not off-roading or towing, but regular driving. Took it in and found that the gears in the rear differential had failed, luckily this was covered under warranty, but still had to go without the truck for over a week. Got the truck back and still doesn't feel right. Feels like it's slipping sometimes. This is a VERY common problem with Titans and I'm surprised that there aren't more complaints on here about it.

- , Albuquerque, NM, USA