1.8

2006 Nissan Titan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Titan:

2006 Nissan Titan Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 102013

Titan 4WD 8-cyl

Ticking noise from engine area especially under moderate acceleration, dealer inspected and said my exhaust manifolds are cracked and would cost 3K to fix. Nissan customer relations refuses to help in any way even though my truck is only 4000 miles past mileage limit. This is a known issue that is a safety hazard (exhaust fumes can enter cab) and Nissan refuses to take any responsibility.

- Mukwonago, WI, USA

Apr 062011

Titan

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Titan. The contact was driving approximately 55 mph when the engine exhibited severe hesitation without warning. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for diagnosis, who stated that the exhaust manifold was fractured on both sides. The vehicle was in the process of being repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 150,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Tehachapi, CA, USA

Jun 012011

Titan 8-cyl

My 2006 Nissan Titan was taken in for recalls. Upon completion of the work, which was poorly performed, I was notified that both of my manifolds were cracked and would need to be replaced which would cost me over $2,000 but the dealer would cut me a deal for $1,700 if I wanted to do it right away and they also threatened me with the fact that I would not pass my smog so I had to do it now. I declined as I could not afford repairs like that. After a short search online I found that this was a regular issue with Titans but was not submitted for a recall. I have also sent a complaint to Nissan. I am quite disappointed with this issue as well as the lack of service I have received from the dealer. My family and I have always been strong supporters of Nissan and own many of their vehicles and have never had issues like this that have not been able to be resolved. I will continue to buy Nissan but hope that this will be reviewed and claimed as a recall. I cannot afford the repairs as my husband and I are both currently unemployed with 4 children and this is our only vehicle which we can no longer drive because we cannot have it smogged to renew registration. There is no doubt in my mind that the manifolds had been cracked for some time prior to the visit to the dealer. We had always taken our truck to the dealer because we had purchased a gold package for maintenance and I had complained about noise before and they could never find a problem. It figures that as soon as it is out of warranty they would magically find the issue.

- Santa Clarita, CA, USA

Sep 192011

Titan

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Titan. The contact stated that while driving 55 mph, he could smell gasoline as the vehicle exhibited an abnormally loud clicking noise. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnosis where the contact was informed that both exhaust manifolds were fractured. The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure and the current mileages were 135,000.

- Truckee, CA, USA

May 142008

Titan

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Titan. The contact started the ignition and a loud noise emitted outside of the vehicle continuously. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who was unable to duplicate the problem. The contact inspected the vehicle and stated the exhaust manifold was cracked. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Lake Hopatcong, NJ, USA

Aug 062012

Titan

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Titan king cab. The contact was traveling 35 mph when a noise emitted from the engine. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who confirmed that the exhaust manifold was cracked and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was contacted but the vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 99,300 and the current mileage was 99,400.

- Eagle , CO, USA

Jun 302012

Titan 4WD 8-cyl

Driving cross country in Nissan Titan. Truck floor got hot at one point. Later truck sputtered and shut itself down. I let it cool down and it drove fine for a while. Next day all of us in the car were a little sick and nauseated. Car drove fine the rest of the trip and it wasn't until after we arrived at our destination that the check engine warning light came up. Looked up the codes which were that the catalytic converters had loss efficiency. I took it to the deal for a complete diagnosis. Dealer confirmed all 4 cat converters were dead and it probably caused by a leak in the exhaust manifolds. Further research shows that Nissan Titans have a history of cracks in the exhaust manifold. This not only ruins the cat converters but exhaust fumes leak into the cabin causing a health risk. This is a known issue and I have contacted Nissan about this but have not heard back from them yet.

- Saint Augustine , FL, USA

Jun 012012

Titan 8-cyl

2006 Nissan Titan. Consumer states several problems with vehicle and recall issues the consumer stated the brake booster was defective and has not worked properly, since the vehicle was purchased. It would take extreme force to stop the vehicle. The fuel level sending unit, air conditioning condenser fan motor, engine control module relay, instrument panel fuel gauge all malfunctioned. Also, the lower control links that attached to the chassis mounting failed.

- Devine, TX, USA