2008 Nissan Versa suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Versa:

2008 Nissan Versa Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Jun 102016

On 6/10/16 I was driving on the highway via my 2008 Nissan Versa when a loud noise occurred, unable to drive, both front tires blew out. Car was shaking a bit uncontrollable. I contacted aaa, technician said both front tires blew out due to failure of spring coils and I could have been killed or killed someone due to this issue on the highway. Dealer replaced front spring coils due to recall, but said I needed to buy two new tires and to put into Nissan a reimbursement claim for the tires. I filed the claim with Nissan on 6/17/16, to date no response and it is 7/5/16 - no phone calls, no response from Nissan. My two tires were damaged and destroyed by Nissan's failure/defective equipment. I had to pay approx $300 for two new tires. I have contacted my credit card company to dispute the transaction as I acted in good faith - Nissan does not act in good faith not as of 7/5/16. This is a major safety hazard - I could have been killed or caused an accident due to Nissan's failure - more should be done if tires are punctured like that - I did not create or cause this, Nissan did - be responsible Nissan!!

- Hull, MA, USA

Feb 242016

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Versa. While having the vehicle reparied according to NHTSA campaign number: 15V573000 (suspension), the contact was informed that the rear coil springs fractured and needed to be replaced. As a result of the rear coil spring fracture, the vehicle failed state inspection. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 47,000.

- Laconia, NH, USA

Feb 242016

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Versa. While the vehicle was being reversed at a low speed, the front passenger side shook and fell to the ground. The contact observed that the front passenger side coil springs fractured. The vehicle was towed to a local fuel station where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V573000 (suspension). The failure mileage was approximately 106,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Methuen, MA, USA

Dec 282015

Coil recall I verified that my Versa is included in the recall nationwide Nissan in lutherville, md 410 252-8000 schedules me for an appointment to replace the springs, then, when I call to confirm the appointment, they deny I have an appointment. They are not servicing the recall. Please help

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Sep 012015

Exhaust system has been diagnosed with 2 separate failures requiring a weld job in order to repair. I have completed one at the cost of $200 and the second weld estimate is priced at $200. Both instances came on suddenly and without other warning. Exhaust smell occurs when car first starts and disapates after driving several miles. Each occurred at separate times. Both front ball joints have been noted by my mechanic as being looser and indicates needing replacement in the near future in order to avoid potentially fatal collision or significant additional damage to transmission, steering, etc., systems.

- Palatine, IL, USA

Oct 292015

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Versa. The contact stated that while driving at 50 mph, the coil spring detached in the middle of the highway. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where the failure was unable to be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 49,000.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Sep 072015

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Versa. While driving approximately 40 mph, there was an abnormal noise coming from the front driver side of the vehicle. The abnormal noise recurred numerous times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V573000 (suspension); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Essex, MA, USA

Sep 042015

Total failure of passenger side ball joint w/ separation of cv axel from transaxel resulting in wheel coming off the car. Occured during a low speed left hand turn on city street after stopping for traffic light. Passenger and driver side lower control arms replaced, driver's side as a precautionay measure. Related to NHTSA recall 15V-573 underbody corrosion.

- Glen Burnie, MD, USA

May 052014

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Versa. While traveling 20 mph, the front tires performed roughly. It was diagnosed that the suspension was failing, but was not an immediate safety hazard. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 58,000.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Sep 282015

Broken left front coil spring. Shop found it during routine maintenance and was told this could have caused serious damage if unnoticed.

- Westbrook, ME, USA

Apr 132015

Not sure of exact timing (approx April 2015) when I brought my car in for a regular service appointment, I was told that when they put the car on the lift, one coil spring fell off in two pieces - I was so fortunate that this happened at the dealership and not on the road! I was told that if it had happened while I was driving, it could have been disastrous. I replaced both springs at that time.

- Old Orchard Beach, ME, USA

Aug 282015

The front coil spring suddenly broke.

- Nepean, NY, USA

Jun 122015

Thankfully I have not had an accident yet. However I am very concerned that both front coil springs are missing a chunk from the spring. This was discovered when I had my car in the shop for another issue on 6.12.15. I was informed at this time that with the chunks missing this could cause major issues if either of them pop out of their base. I had my car in for an oil change (at a neighbor's who is a mechanic) yesterday, 9.14.15. I informed him of what his referral guy said to me back in June, and after looking at my car he showed me exactly what the guy was talking about. He told me this was concerning, seeing as my car only has 77,000 miles on it. My rear suspension is acting up too, which may or may not be associated with this. I went to this site & noticed ironically that the front coil spring issues are under investigation at this point. I am trying to make a complaint considering I have one of these cars, which in my mind is no longer safe to drive. I fear, as others have had happen on here, that an accident may occur, with injuries to myself, anyone else in the car with me, or other passengers on the road. I am trying to be proactive on this, & am hoping something will be done to prevent any type of accident to occur again. Nissan should take responsibility for this & fix these immediately at their cost. They should've never put faulty parts on their cars to begin with. These are people's lives possibly at risk.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Aug 282015

Repair tech found on inspection that right front spring coil was broken. Discovered that this was a problem with 2008-2010 Nissan Versa model and was under investigation for recall due to other incidents where damage to other parts of vehicle have occurred.

- Wildwood, MO, USA

Aug 182015

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Versa. While driving approximately 35 mph, the contact stated that the front driver side tire blew out. The contact discovered that the coil spring fractured and punctured the tire. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 52,000.

- Frankford, MI, USA

Jul 212015

My car began to shimmy when stopping and I brought it to a mechanic who said the coil spring on the driver's side was broken and that they would be best replaced in pairs as the other side would not be long before it also broke causing a possible tragic accident. He advised me not to go far with the car before repairing them as a fatal accident could occur. At the bare minimum, the coil spring would go through my new tire and cause even more extensive damage to the car. My son owns a Versa as does my former husband and they both have had to replace their coil springs. I feel there must be some type of defect in this product. It seems far too coincidental. There have been 93 other reports as well. Nissan should issuue a recall immediately.

- Fall River, MA, USA

Jul 292015

Front suspension spring broke while driving through a parking lot.

- Edina, MN, USA

Jun 282015

The front driver's side coil spring broke. This is the 2nd time htis has happened on this vehicle.

- Greensburg, PA, USA

Jul 272015

I was rotating my tires when I found that my driver side front coil spring was broken into two parts. Both parts were still attached and I have them. It looks exactly like all the rest of the other complaints for this car as shown in this link.

- La Vista , NE, USA

Jul 162015

When going 75 miles an hour the right side front coil spring broke with a very loud noise pulled over to investigate found nothing looking at the tire. This happened just entering Arizona so since we couldn't see anything we continued on to pheonix to our destination. We then contacted and had them investigate the problem because when going over any bump after that we could hear something loose. Once they looked at it they quickly found the right front coil spring broke and the strut bent. They said the coil broke at the bottom lucky for us nothing flew out to blow the tire when it happened. The car has very low miles and should not have had this happen!

- Roscoe, IL, USA