2009 Nissan Versa steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Versa:

2009 Nissan Versa Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 012009

Versa

2009 Nissan Versa. After a couple of months with car and about 15K miles later, I started hearing a "thump" noise on the steering wheel/column. I took it in to the dealer and got it fixed. A couple of months later at about 30K, it began to do the same thing. I took it in again and got it "fixed". at about 40K it started doing it again. I don't have warranty on it any more so I haven't taken it to get fixed. However, I've been reading threads online about people experiencing the same issue, to the extent they've crashed due to the car not turning, while initial signs starting with the "thumping" noise. I think this is a design error/defect of Nissan Versas and respectfully ask that you please look into this. X.nissanhelp.com/forums/Versa/3861-Versa-turning-right-problem-steering-column.html.

- Pomona, CA, USA

Jan 152009

Versa

Vehicle wanders at speeds above roughly 45 mph. Wandering is severe at speeds above 60 mph.

- Kenosha, WI, USA