NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2007 Pontiac G6 (Page 2 of 8)

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: Unfortunately the 2007 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model year.

2007 Pontiac G6 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac G6:

2007 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 8)

Apr 172013

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that the brake pedal was depressed, but the brake lights failed to illuminate. Also, while driving approximately 60 mph, the brake lights illuminated without the brake pedal being depressed. The failure recurred numerous times intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The mechanic stated that the body control module needed to be cleaned. The failure recurred. The vehicle was repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control); however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Hibbing, MN, USA

Jul 012015

G6

Was a a stop on a 2 way street getting ready to make a left turn and a SUV hits us from behind and send me forward with my right arm slamming into dashboard of car with a strained tendon in my shoulder shoulder. Called GM and they state the electrical problem on my car was fixed during our visit for another recall in Jan 2014 however we were in an accident for the same issue they said they fixed!

- Louisville , KY, USA

Aug 262015

G6 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. While driving 40 mph, the brakes were engaged and the brake lights failed to illuminate. The contact was aware of NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control); however, the manufacturer advised the contact that the vehicle had been previously repaired under the recall. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 61,000. MA 10/14 the consumer stated the problem could be eliminated if the dealer would comply with the recall. Updated 01/11/16.

- Erie , PA, USA

Aug 202015

G6

The passenger side airbag indicator light will come on. This has been happening since 2011. I believe this has a correlation with the battery because when the indicator light starts to come on every time I'm driving the car, I know the battery will soon die. I have been through three batteries since owning my car (2010). Once I get a new battery, the indicator light will not come on for a while.

- Smyrna, GA, USA

Jul 172015

G6 4-cyl

I was pulling my car out of a parking lot onto a busy street when the car just shut off. No warning signs were given, just turned off, leaving me half way pulled into traffic. Had to shut the ignition off and restart the car.

- Westmont, IL, USA

Feb 012014

G6

I had to replace the passenger low beam headlight back in February 2015 and again in April 2015. The low beam headlight went out again 3 days later. I have since been pulled over for a headlight lamp being out. I keep replacing the low beam headlight but clearly it's not the bulb. I had a 2008 Pontiac G6 prior to the 2007 Pontiac G6 and it had the same problem with the passenger low beam headlight. I called GM to see about recalls for this issue and was told it was the brake lamp malfunction. I specified that nothing was wrong with my brake lights and they then told me it was still under the recall so they scheduled and appointment with the dealership to have it fixed. Upon arriving home after I left the dealership for this recall and the passenger low beam headlight was still out. I immediately called the dealership back and told them it was still out and they preceeded to tell me it was not part of the recall. So now my headlight is still out and I have nobody to help me address this issue. It is a safety issue. I have to drive with the high beam lights on just to be able to see at night.

- Milton, FL, USA

Dec 012011

G6 6-cyl

Our Pontiac G6 was recalled for electrical issues. The brake lights went on when not braking and wouldn't go on when I braked. Anyway, it was "fixed" on 10/12/14 with the recall. So now the same issue is occurring. We had it fixed 2 times previous to the recall.the problem is this is a serious problem, if their recalled "fix" didn't work, all of the owners are in the same dilemma.

- Saint Clair Shores, MI, USA

Apr 262015

G6

I was driving home and pulled into my apartment complex and my car completely shut do and would not start. I parked into a parking space and waited about 5 secs and my car started.

- Hoover, AL, USA

Apr 012015

G6

Headlamp wiring is defective from the factory. Headlamp wiring and connectors burn out due to inability to withstand heat generated by normal factory headlamp bulbs. This is a widely known problem. Numerous complaints exist on this site, in addition to service bulletins. Every mechanic in town, dealership, body shop, etc. Says the same thing. "until they issue a recall, there is nothing we can do but keep charging you to fix the connector." I have paid three times to have this issue fixed and my car has 62,000 miles on it. When will someone investigate this and issue a proper recall? it is not safe to have your headlights suddenly go out when driving 75 mph on the interstate in the middle of the night.

- Coppell, TX, USA

Mar 182015

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. While driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. After restarting, the vehicle resumed normal operation. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Meridian, MS, USA

Mar 232015

G6 4-cyl

On my way into work this morning, the warning for "power steering" flashed on my car and the steering suddenly quit working on my 2007 Pontiac G6. I was going about 40 mph on a straight stretch through town. Luckily, I hadn't merged to get on the interstate yet. Took the car to the nearest dealership and they informed me it's the torque sensor on the electric power steering. They also stated that there was a recall for 2006-2007 Pontiac G6's, but that my car/VIN was not covered under this recall as it was built outside of the batch of cars the recall covered. I have to pay $230 out of pocket until they decide that this is an issue. This is clearly a manufacturing issue and could be very dangerous for all drivers on the highway. See recall details below: Recall subject : sudden loss of electric power steering, 1 investigation(s) report receipt date: Feb 04, 2015 NHTSA campaign number: 15V064000 component(s): Steering potential number of units affected: 69,633 manufacturer: General Motors llc.

- Williamstown, KY, USA

Mar 022015

G6 4-cyl

Driving and loss of power steering and eps light and chime.

- Cambridge City, IN, USA

Nov 162013

G6 6-cyl

I was parked in a parking lot and my air bag light came on and it flashes check air bags. And my seat belts won't extend to buckle. Also, under my hood it starts to smoke and there's no leak or anything.

- Powell, OH, USA

Jan 152008

G6 6-cyl

1. blower motor for the heating and cooling system stop working, took it back to the dealer as it was still under warranty, but because the blower was working when I took it in the dealer said nothing is wrong..took the car in three times for the same thing...I slowly lost all dial control 1-3 except 4...in 2009 GM recalled 2007 Silverado's trucks for same thing the G6 blower motor was doing. Why is GM aloud to cherry pick who gets their car fixed and who doesn't...2. airbag light come on and says to service air bag, so I call my GM dealer he had no idea of what I was saying. I took a picture when the service air bag light came on, showed the picture to the dealer and because it did not do that while looking at the car, again they say can't see nothing wrong with it...it still happens, and I am very afraid of the air bag issue's. beginning to think GM dealers are working with GM to avoid repairs, as my car was still under warranty. And because the car does not do it when they look at it, nothing is wrong...don't feel safe, my children are informed, if I get into a car accident they know where to look, and who to go after.. help !

- Hiawatha, IA, USA

Dec 242014

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. While driving approximately 80 mph, the instrument panel lights illuminated and the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was able to restart, but the failure persisted. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 145,000.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Dec 222014

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that the gears failed to shift and the cruise control failed to activate. When driving, the power door locks failed to lock and when in park, the power door locks failed to unlock. The contact mentioned that the failure occurred after the vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control) and 14V224000 (power train). The approximate failure mileage was 159,004.

- Springhill, LA, USA

Dec 262014

G6 4WD 6-cyl

Radio was not working pushed the radio button now the radio comes on and off the speedometer is not working check engine light is on where the milage is it says error I saw where there is an electrical recall but dealer says not on this car.

- Sabina, OH, USA

Nov 282014

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled without warning after it was repaired under recall NHTSA campaign: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control). The failure recurred continuously. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 301,000.

- Onancock, VA, USA

Nov 192011

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. While driving approximately 45 mph on icy road conditions, the vehicle stalled without warning. The battery was replaced on three occasions within three years. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 105,000.

- Sparta , MI, USA

Jul 072014

G6

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control) and NHTSA campaign number: 14V224000 (transmission). However, the part needed was unavailable. The contact stated the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA