NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems

2007 Pontiac G6 (Page 2 of 4) Seal Of This Might Hurt Notes: Unfortunately the 2007 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model year.

2007 Pontiac G6 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac G6:

2007 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

May 232014

G6 4-cyl

The brake lights are coming on while accelerating and going off when the brake pedal is engaged. This is extremely dangerous to my family but we are traveling and will have to take care of this at our destination. The cruise control is working intermittent and the shift interlock needs excessive pressure to unlock the shifter. I see this is being looked into for a recall this needs to be fixed before someone is hurt!

- Goldsboro, NC, USA

Jan 012014

• 5,555,555 miles
1-cruise control comes back on after disengaging, loud clunk when turning, have fixed ball joints and front end stuff several times and it still clunks at low speeds ever since I've owned the vehicle. Have had issues with the brake system as well.

- Cadillac, MI, USA

May 122014

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated while traveling 60 mph, the vehicle reduced in power after pressing on the gasoline pedal. The engine light illuminated, stating engine power reduced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 120,000. The current mileage was 131,000.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Apr 092014

As I attempted to turn left the steering was difficult to turn and the gas wasn't accelerating correctly and suddenly took off and crashed into a vehicle ahead of me.

- Forrest City , AR, USA

Mar 192014

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the engine stalled as the electronic throttle control warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle restarted on the first attempt and resumed normally. The failure recurred on seven separate occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was unable to be diagnosed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 42,820. Updated 06/16/14

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Jul 012013

Brake lights go on when pedal is not pressed, goes off when you step on the brake. Also, cruise control shuts off automatically while driving or will not engage at all.

- Bloomingdale, IL, USA

Apr 022014

While driving on highway coming to work, I was driving around 55 mph and my cruise control automatically came on and was stuck. Even when I attempted to hit the brake my cruise control was stuck at 55 mph. I kept stomping the brakes till it finally shut off!

- Rosedale, IN, USA

Mar 212014

G6 6-cyl

While driving home from work on the interstate my brake lights came on without any application to the brakes and my cruise control dis-engaged. My brake lights remained on all the way home and my cruise control would not work. The next day they were working normal at first and then the same thing happened again.

- Georgetown, IN, USA

Aug 062013

G6 4-cyl

When the brake pedal is not being used, the brake lights will stay on and will turn off when the pedal is depressed. Additionally, car hard to shift out of park, and that cruise control does not engage properly.

- Newton, WI, USA

Nov 032013

G6 6-cyl

Brakes lights turn on while accelerating and turn off when brake pedal is depressed. Sometimes have a problem shifting out of park. Cruise control also shuts off randomly.

- Canal Winchester, OH, USA

Oct 022013

When I start the car the brake lights come on and stay on most of the time, without touching the brake pedal. When I do touch the pedal they go out. Also the cruse control stopped working about the same time. I had a mechanic look at it but he couldn't find the problem. I will get a hold of G.M. and try to find the problem. I'm afraid to drive it the way the stop lights work-backwards-.

- New Cumberland, WV, USA

Oct 122013

G6 6-cyl

Last week I was following my son down the highway when I noticed his brake lights were on while driving. I also noticed that when we approached a stop light, his brake lights went off. I have no idea how long he had been driving his vehicle with no brakes lights while braking. Hindsight, most likely, when his cruise control stopped working (early summer). He is a college student that attends a university 3 hours from home and travels the interstate frequently. This is an extremely dangerous situation and I find it very negligent that there has not been a recall on this faulty sensor. Would any employee of General Motors want their child driving a vehicle with no brake lights? please put a recall on these vehicles for this problem.

- Fenton, MO, USA

Sep 192013

G6 6-cyl

Brake lights always appear on when driving, brake lights go off when brake pedal is pressed. Because my vehicle shows that the brake lights are always on it effects my cruise control and it will not engage when driving. I have been pulled over and close calls of being hit because when I am actually braking, it shows I am not so vehicles behind me do not know I am applying the brakes.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Feb 082013

G6 6-cyl

My brakes lights are staying on while the brake pedal is not pressed and going off when it is. I've replaced the brake switch still not working. The cruise control will not work. When you press the brake pedal the wheel shakes a little bit and the car likes to pull to one side. After reading a few of these reviews and noticing that everyone is having the same issues, somethings needs to be done about this it is not safe for my family to be driving this car the way it is. Im afraid that nothing is going to be done in time until it is to late for someone.

- Dresden, OH, USA

Sep 012012

The brake lights on my 2007 Pontiac G6 GT do not operate as they should most of the time. The brake lights come on when the car is running even though the brakes are not being applied, then when I do brake the lights turn off(sometimes they will flash and come back on). This has nearly caused me to be rear ended on multiple occasions with cars swerving out of the lane behind me more than once to avoid hitting the car. Also, this being a smaller issue, when the brake lights are on while I am driving I cannot engage the cruise control or if it has been engaged with the brake lights off when they come on they disengage it.

- Bonney Lake, WA, USA

Aug 262013

I was told by a person following me that my brake lights we always illuminated, then when I actually applied brake pedal the lights went out. Also, to start cruise control I must tap my brake before it will engage. Then, after it is engaged, it will turn off by itself within 15-30 seconds.

- Oakdale, PA, USA

Aug 012012

My 2007 Pontiac G6 brake lights are illuminating when the brake is not depressed. It is hard to also move the gear shifter from park at times. Also, at the same time my brakes lights stopped working properly my cruise control stopped operating. I feel the brake lights working in the opposite manner is a major safety issue which can lead others drivers to also not be safe.

- Cedar Lake, IN, USA

Jul 252013

Brake lights were reported on while I'm not depressing the brake pedal and going off when I press the brakes in. I started having trouble shifting out of park, and my cruise control works intermittently.

- Akron, OH, USA

Jul 022012

A year ago during very hot weather in wi the cruise control would not work. After the heat subsided the cruise control worked again regularly. In the last couple weeks cruise control was not working again. Friends following me one day said my brake lights seemed to be on when driving and off when braking. A local mechanic replaced the stop light switch after receiving the code during a diagnostic test. I was informed he could not troubleshoot the cruise control problem and it would need to be seen by a dealer. This is very concerning if other drivers cannot see I'm braking when following. What is being done to remedy this problem that appears to be a nuisance for many others?

- Elkhorn, WI, USA

Feb 062012

G6 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that the brake lights would illuminate when the brake pedal was not being depressed and they would not illuminate when the brakes were being depressed. The contact also stated that the cruise control would independently activate and deactivate when the brakes were being depressed. The failure mileage was unknown, but the current mileage was 75,000.

- Adrian, MI, USA