- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 14: Safety Group Accuses Government of Ignoring 303 GM Car Fatalities
- March 6: Test Time: U.S. Government Takes General Motors Back to School
- February 26: Former NHTSA Administrator Says GM Committed 'Immoral Act'
- February 25: GM Waits 10 Years to Recall Over 1 Million Cars
- February 13: GM Recalls 780,000 Cars After Reports of Deaths
1998 Pontiac Montana
Problems & Complaints
Worst 1998 Montana Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- engine problems4NHTSA complaints: 7
- cooling system problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 5
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 5
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 4
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 4
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 3
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 2
- steering problemsNHTSA: 2
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 2
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 2
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac Montana Model Years
Curious how the 1998 Montana compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac Montana overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Montana.