- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 14: Safety Group Accuses Government of Ignoring 303 GM Car Fatalities
- March 6: Test Time: U.S. Government Takes General Motors Back to School
- February 26: Former NHTSA Administrator Says GM Committed 'Immoral Act'
- February 25: GM Waits 10 Years to Recall Over 1 Million Cars
- February 13: GM Recalls 780,000 Cars After Reports of Deaths
1999 Pontiac Montana
Problems & Complaints
Worst 1999 Montana Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- engine problems36NHTSA complaints: 75
- cooling system problems17NHTSA complaints: 19
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 14
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 26
- AC / heater problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 18
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 40
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 29
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 22
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 11
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 11
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 10
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 7
- lights problemsNHTSA: 7
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 6
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 5
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 5
- steering problemsNHTSA: 3
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac Montana Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Montana compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac Montana overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Montana.