NHTSA — Electrical System: Wiring: Front Underhood Problems

1998 Pontiac Montana electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Pontiac Montana:

1998 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

May 082003

Montana

1998 Montana van wouldn't crank at work, then waited and it cranked. Second time it stopped in road, then cranked up. Later tried to crank and it wouldn't. had to tow vehicle to dealership, who stated that wires were corroded that affected sensors.

- Gainesville, GA, USA

Mar 212000

Montana

I was driving down the street when I noticed smoke coming from underneath the hood of my vehicle. I pulled off of the road into a parking lot and ran inside a business to call for help. Within 2 minutes my vehicle was englufed in flames. I called 911. The vehicle is a total loss. We had just had the vehicle serviced and oil changed a month ago.

- Iron Mountain, MI, USA