NHTSA — Child Seat: Harness Buckle: Infant Problems

2000 Pontiac Montana accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Pontiac Montana:

2000 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Aug 152000

The seat that houses the infant safety seat can be lifted to allow passengers in the far back of the minivan. I had let my daughter in the back seat and thought I had locked the seat back in place. I then buckled my 15 month old daughter into the 5 point restraint, built-in car seat. While driving, we came to a quick stop and the entire seat flew forward, hitting my daughter's head on the seat in front of her. She sustained an abrasion to her forehead and vomitted immediately after the impact. She has had no further problems. I am concerned there is no warning on the seat that houses the child safety seat to let you know whether it has been locked in place. The seat is heavy and even with pulling forward, it may seem locked. There should be some way to confirm this seat is locked in place.

- Warren, MI, USA