Engine Whistles

2000 Pontiac Montana engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Pontiac Montana:

2000 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Nov 262009

Montana 3.4L V6

The ticking and whistling has been driving me crazy! What is it a count down? Its all coming from the side with the belts on them. We checked its not the belts. Who designed this thing anyway! You got to practically take apart the whole engine just to work on it. I'm really scared of the day the alternator goes out. Somebody please punch the designer for me!

Somewhere on that side is the loud loud LOUD tapping with the whistling. I tell ya it makes me think its gonna blow one day.. Thanks alot GM

- , Palm Coast, FL, USA

Feb 222009

Montana 3.2L

Well the car runs smooth it is just this awful engine noise and the heater not only takes too long to warm the car up, it will completely stop blowing out anything once I turn my dial off of 5

- , Milwaukee, WI, USA