Ticking Sound

2. replace head gasket (1 reports)
2000 Pontiac Montana engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Pontiac Montana:

2000 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Jul 272015

Montana N/A V6

Well, I sure thought my Montana would make it well into the 200,000 k's.....Very disappointed!! I cannot afford to have it mechanic can hear the Dreaded TICKING noise in the engine!!! Also the water pump has gone as well....inside n out my Montana is in very good shape....Then thought of sending it to the recycling/auto wreckers, just breaks my heart!!!!

- , Vernon, BC, Canada

Nov 142005

Since the beginning (2000) ticking sound from engine, sounds like lifters or valves. Brought it to dealers attention, can't remember what they said it was, but was nothing to worry about. Still annoying.

- , Henrietta, NY, USA

Jun 122003

i want to know what is wrong with my van. these are some of the "best" vans on the road i was told. and i have only had it for 2 months and now i hear a ticking sound under my hood. it does it when i first crank it up and sometimes even when it is warmed up. please help me

- , Pamplico, SC, USA