Window Won't Work

1. had to replace the motor for the electric window on that side (1 reports)
2000 Pontiac Montana windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Pontiac Montana:

2000 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Jun 162011

The driver's side power window stopped working on 7/2011. I had the power switch replaced. The repair was good for about 8 months. In late March of 2012 the power window stopped working again; I could not power the passenger side any longer either. The passenger side power window still worked, but I had to stretch over to that side and use the switch on the passenger's door. About two weeks later the passenger side stopped working as well. I brought my vehicle back to the shop that had replaced my switch before; there was a life-time warranty on the part, so they said they'd replace it for me, I was happy to hear that :) I dropped the vehicle off and about two hours later I got a call from the shop. They had replaced the switch (with a brand new part), but the window would not work. The technician did not know what to do. He said they'd run some diagnostics tests. About an hour went by and the shop called back. They said, your power window works again, and they didn't have the new part in even, so it must be an Electrical issue. I thought "great, how long will this window work for now?". So, I took my van home, and three DAMN days later my window stopped rolling down, and now I have NO windows that roll down. Luckily my air-conditioner works, and the vent windows still open - "Knock on Wood". Record high temps in WI this year, I'd really LOVE IT IF MY WINDOWS ROLLED DOWN!!! Can't really afford a new vehicle. :(

- , Sun Prairie, WI, USA

Feb 222008

Montana 3.4L V6

Very annoying, since the month before my other sides electrical connections blew also.

- , Marana, AZ, USA