2.3

2001 Pontiac Montana accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Montana:

2001 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Jun 152007

Montana

The compressor for my 2001 Montana, having only 68K miles was diagnosed as defective by jones Pontiac service in lancaster. There was a crack in the compressor, which wasn't caused by wear & tear. The manufacturer, Pontiac refused to replace this at a discounted cost. The replacement cost was $1,200. The compressor doesn't work, and would leak freon into the atmosphere if used. I haven't had this fixed or permitted freon to be filled into the compressor, so I haven't used the compressor. The compressor is needed to defrost the windows in the winter, which could cause a hazardous situation. I believe Pontiac should hold the manufacturer accountable for this abnormal defect, and offer a 75% discount on the part.

- Lititz, PA, USA