NHTSA — Exterior Lighting: Turn Signal Problems

2001 Pontiac Montana lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Montana:

2001 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Apr 152005

Montana 6-cyl

Noticed that when the headlights were on and the turn signal was activated to the left or right that the turn signal indicator on the instrument panel was blinking as though my hazards were on. With the turn signal on, I circled the vehicle and observed that the commanded light was blinking appropriately but the opposite light was also blinking dimly. I proceeded to disassemble each turn signal indicator to search for corrosion or other damage and discovered that there was charring on the right rear circuit card at the connector. I contacted my Pontiac dealer inquired if there was a recall for such an item and they told me no. I bought the part from Pontiac installed it myself and have had no further trouble. I have seen other vehicles in traffic at night with evidence of the same indicator problem.

- Warner Robins, GA, USA