NHTSA — Seat Belts: Front: Retractor Problems

2001 Pontiac Montana seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Montana:

2001 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Apr 162005

I took my van for a free safety check and the mechanic said I had an intake leak which could do some major damage if it wasn't repaired. I took it to the dealership, and they agreed it was leaking, and found a tie rod problem. Along with those problems they said my tensioner on my front seat belt broke. These repairs are over $1,000. If all these other people are having the same problem I would sure like an explanation. My dealership said it is a common problem with these vans. That sure sounds like the vehicle should be recalled!

- Englewood, TN, USA