Head Gasket Failure

5.3

1. repair heads and gasket (3 reports)
2002 Pontiac Montana engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Montana:

2002 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Jun 012012

Montana EXT 3.2L

In 1996 I had to replace the heads on this van ,and know 6 years later the same issue.

why no recall on this.I have heard too many complaints about the same issues.

GM you have a bad product recall these vans and fix them.

Update from Jul 11, 2012: there is 118000 miles not 180000

- , Cincinnati, OH, USA

Sep 072011

Montana EXT 3.4L

On Sept 30/11 I took my 2002 Montana to the dealership with a coolant problem they diagnosed it as a failed head gasket(s). I was told by GM to take it to the nearest dealership to have it diagnosed and that they would open up a file in order to possibly assist with the repair cost. I was informed by GM on Oct 11/11 that there was nothing they could do for 3 reasons, the vehicle was to old, that I had not established a relationship with the dealership and finally that I purchased the vehicle used. After all this the GM rep ( Jen ) offered me a Managers discount towards a new vehicle. The GM rep was well aware that I am a disabled person on CPP Disability and that I cannot afford a new vehicle. I have been a loyal GM customer all my life and have purchased 3 new and 5 used vehicles in 36 years. This has been a real eye opener and I am to say the least ashamed at the way GM has handled this. I will continue the fight to the end.

- , Newmarket, Ontario, canada

Apr 242007

Montana 1SX V6

Private, reputable shop spotted it but am having 2nd opinion check at Pontiac dealer. It seems too soon at 60K to have a leaky head gasket.

- , Bellevue, WA, USA