NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

2.4

2006 Pontiac Montana brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Pontiac Montana:

2006 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Aug 172013

Montana

While driving the car brake on its own. This has happened several time in the past couple of months. I plug in the computer to check the trouble codes and I have pulled 8 different codes. My family refuses to drive the vehicle because of the hazard.

- St. Clair, MI, USA

Jun 112013

Montana 6-cyl

Traction control and anti-lock brakes both keep going out with both lights on. Both reset after shut down but come back on after 1-2 mins.

- Ny, NY, USA

Jul 022011

Montana

We've been having an issue with the van decelerating on its own and having to lay down on the gas to get it going again. Still havn't found out what it is. Now our "AWD disabled" light came on. This worries me because we live in mn and have terrible roads in the winter. That is one reason we bought this van is for the AWD.

- Rice, MN, USA

May 072008

Montana

I have been having messages come across my digital screen, saying "check ABS system", check stability system, service ABS system- also constant problem with trying to start the van- seems like the starter will not release, it just keeps attempting to start even after I let go of the switch.

- Newnan, GA, USA