Overheating

1. replace radiator cap (1 reports)
1998 Pontiac Sunfire engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Pontiac Sunfire:

1998 Pontiac Sunfire Owner Comments

Aug 092009

Sunfire 2.2L

My car all of a sudden started to overheat, and the h2o sensor came on. I had my mechanic do all the normal fixes for this car, nothing worked. I called my brother he said try the simplest things first. With a car that old, it's possible that those are the original radiator cap and gas caps. Change them and see if that does it. If it doesn't, you waste...$3.00, but if it does work, you save hundreds. My very capable mechanic didn't even know about this fix.

- , Hanover Park, IL, USA