- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 14: Safety Group Accuses Government of Ignoring 303 GM Car Fatalities
- March 6: Test Time: U.S. Government Takes General Motors Back to School
- February 26: Former NHTSA Administrator Says GM Committed 'Immoral Act'
- February 25: GM Waits 10 Years to Recall Over 1 Million Cars
- February 13: GM Recalls 780,000 Cars After Reports of Deaths
2004 Pontiac Sunfire
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2004 Sunfire Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- AC / heater problems1
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems1
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 7
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 1
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 1
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac Sunfire Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Sunfire compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac Sunfire overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sunfire.