- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 14: Safety Group Accuses Government of Ignoring 303 GM Car Fatalities
- March 6: Test Time: U.S. Government Takes General Motors Back to School
- February 26: Former NHTSA Administrator Says GM Committed 'Immoral Act'
- February 25: GM Waits 10 Years to Recall Over 1 Million Cars
- February 13: GM Recalls 780,000 Cars After Reports of Deaths
2002 Pontiac Sunfire
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2002 Sunfire Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- windows / windshield problems10NHTSA complaints: 8
- body / paint problems7NHTSA complaints: 5
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 18
- engine problems5NHTSA complaints: 11
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 19
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 6
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- AC / heater problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- cooling system problems1
- miscellaneous problems1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 9
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 8
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 7
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 2
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 2
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 2
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac Sunfire Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Sunfire compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac Sunfire overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sunfire.