- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 14: Safety Group Accuses Government of Ignoring 303 GM Car Fatalities
- March 6: Test Time: U.S. Government Takes General Motors Back to School
- February 26: Former NHTSA Administrator Says GM Committed 'Immoral Act'
- February 25: GM Waits 10 Years to Recall Over 1 Million Cars
- February 13: GM Recalls 780,000 Cars After Reports of Deaths
2000 Pontiac Sunfire
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2000 Sunfire Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- lights problems4NHTSA complaints: 9
- cooling system problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 6
- AC / heater problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 26
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 19
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 29
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 16
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 13
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 7
- steering problemsNHTSA: 6
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 5
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 4
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac Sunfire Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Sunfire compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac Sunfire overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sunfire.