Headlights Only Have High Beams

2000 Pontiac Sunfire lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Pontiac Sunfire:

2000 Pontiac Sunfire Owner Comments

Dec 292013

Sunfire 2.2L

My daytime driving lights and low beam lights do not work. Replaced dimmer switch and relay and still doesn't work. I am told this is a common problem in the wiring harness??

- , Georgetown, PA, USA

Nov 172006

Sunfire SE 2.2L

ok so the very first time i put my car on a lift to change my oil my lights went out. when i lowered it i had no headlights at all. i unhooked the battery and hooked it back up. now when i go to turn my lights on they flash 6 times and turn off. then i can turn on my brights but my low beams do nothing. ive replaced the fuses the relay the sockets and the headlights themselves. no luck. everyone tells me its a loose wire but i don't agree. i checked my sockets and all three wires r hot when the car is completely off and when i turn the high beams on the middle wire turns into a ground. wtf? if u have ne input or ne ideas please let me no cuz im stuck and im broke so plz help!!!!!

- , Shelbyville, IN, USA