Water Pump Is Leaking

9.0

$1,000.00

1. replace the water pump (2 reports)
2001 Pontiac Sunfire cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Sunfire:

2001 Pontiac Sunfire Owner Comments

Jan 162012

Sunfire GT 2.4L

I had the same problem two years ago. The water pump was leaking and I had to change it. It's inside the engine so expect the labour to be a lot.

Two years ago I paid 1000$ for it. Now it's leaking again, and I have to add coolant, until the leak will be too big.

I don't know why the heck they've put the water pump inside the engine for.

- , Far, ON, Canada

Dec 292009

Sunfire GT 2.4L

So all the coolant leaked and one mechanic told me it's the water pump. He did not want to do the job even if I paid him half up front. That's because the water pump is inside the engine.

The water pump roughly is 100$. One mechanic friend agreed to do it. It was about 8 hours of labour + 100$ for the water pump + taxes. Around 1000 CAD.

Two years later the water pump is leaking again. But this will another complain.

- , Far, ON, Canada