NHTSA — Steering Problems

2.3

2001 Pontiac Sunfire steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Sunfire:

2001 Pontiac Sunfire Owner Comments

Aug 192014

Sunfire 4-cyl

Contacted a local auto dealer, cutter Pontiac (waipahu, Hawaii - levy, service agent, ph# 808-564-9520) and inquired about my vehicles posted 3 recall issues; ignition, fuel system, & steering wheel. I even emailed an official list of my vehicle's recall issues I was told the following, after levy had the opportunity to review my email, with my recall list: 1. ignition - I was told that my concern had past the original date of recall, 2004 "?", so dealer is unable help me resolve this issue 2. fuel system - I noted that I smelled fuel back a few weeks prior, I would need to bring my vehicle down and they would diagnose the problem, but would charge me for the diagnostic check. 3. steering wheel - again, I was told they would need to do a diagnostic check, but still charge me. I informed that my VIN, did not show up on their computer list I initially made an a service appointment, but cancelled...... as I was not prepared to pay diagnostic tests to confirm my vehicle's recall issues. Thank you

- Aiea, HI, USA