2002 Pontiac Sunfire AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Sunfire:

2002 Pontiac Sunfire Owner Comments

Apr 162010

Sunfire

on 4/16/10 - I had a friend put 134a refridgert in the AC - the pressure says 40 now. But now if I start the car with the AC on ON mode it makes an awful loud noise and I have to shut down the AC. One person observed a small puff of smoke coming from the hood. He thinks the the belt is sliding over the pulley because the pulley is locked up. After I drive a bit I can turn the AC on without any problem.

- , Hillsborough, NJ, USA