NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling Problems

9.9

2002 Pontiac Sunfire engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Sunfire:

2002 Pontiac Sunfire Owner Comments

Jan 022009

Sunfire

This car was bought brand new. Since it's purchase we have had many issues. We had to replace the transmission at less than 20,000 (it was still under warranty though). My power windows have all stopped working and have been replaced (I've had to buy 7 different ones), my cigarette lighter fuse has been replaced twice, I have also had the problems with my headlights and they have had shorts and the wiring has needed replaced on both sides, and last finally my switch on my driver door that turns the dome light on and the radio off has needed changed 3 times now! we have had many problems with this car and I would never recommend this car to anyone!!

- Fredericktown, OH, USA

Sep 252002

Sunfire 4-cyl

Air conditioner loud noise while on, ABS rattling when stopping in non wet weather. Popping while turning right. Headlamps don't always turn on when switch is engaged. Engine noise as if something is wrong with lifters.

- Sauk Village, IL, USA