6.0

1. buy the whole instrument custer from junk yard (1 reports)
2003 Pontiac Sunfire electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Sunfire:

2003 Pontiac Sunfire Owner Comments

Jul 112012

Sunfire XL 2.2L

At about 75000 miles (120000 km) my odometer light went out. I can still check my odometer reading by pointing a flashlight at the odometer. Thankfully,the emission test people didn't take an issue with this problem. The light cannot be fixed; the entire instrument cluster needs to be taken out and replaced. I hear a new cluster is worth $800 in Canada. But one can buy a used one from scrapyard.

- , London, Ontario, Canada

Aug 042007

Sunfire 2.2L Ecotec

I guess this problem is also quite common, after Googling it, I found out that the odometer light goes out and the whole instrument panel has to be replaced? WTF!? This sucks... specially if the emissions testing gets anal about this. We'll soon shall see... I will probably have to fix this along with the A/C broken knob issue...

- , Everett, WA, USA