NHTSA — Electrical System: Ignition Problems

2005 Pontiac Sunfire electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Pontiac Sunfire:

2005 Pontiac Sunfire Owner Comments

Sep 102004

Sunfire

Fatal flaw. The vehicle I am speaking of is a Pontiac Sunfire possibly 2005 model year. I had rented it from a rental company and used it for about a month. During the use there were a couple of incidents where I would remove the key from the ignition thinking the car was off but come back an hour later to find out that the engine was still running. I didn't really care about this but I was watching on news and found out that an entire family of 6 had died because of carbon monoxide poisoning. So this simple possible defect of the Pontiac could be fatal. I don't know if it is a defect for all Pontiac Sunfires but it should be checked out because of the possibility of death.

- Miami, FL, USA