- April 27: Toyota Recalls 228,000 Tacoma Trucks to Fix Rear Differentials recalls | 1 days ago
- March 26: Toyota and Lexus Melting Dashboard Lawsuit Filed, Again news | 33 days ago
- March 25: Toyota Tire Savings Event Lawsuit Says Event Isn't a Good Deal news | 34 days ago
- February 16: Toyota Mirai Fuel Cell Cars Recalled, All 2,840 of Them recalls | 71 days ago
1998 Toyota Corolla
CarComplaints.com Notes: There must have been something in the water at the plant where they built the eighth generation Corollas, especially the 1998 and 1999 model years.
Outside of airbag problems being reported to NHTSA, this is about as dependable a car as you’ll find. But good luck finding one; owners say they want a new car, but can’t justify trading in their Corolla because the darn thing just keeps rolling.
Worst 1998 Corolla engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- excessive oil consumption11
- gaskets leaking oil1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control13
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine7
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control2
- NHTSA: Engine1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Corolla Model Years
Curious how the 1998 Corolla compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Corolla overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Corolla.